Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dips injure wrists?

Originally posted by IronFist

You beat me to it.

IronFist
    Well my friend, then you should work on your speed and reflexes, as I made that post nearly two months ago.

Holy ****!

Can you tell I don't usually look at dates when I'm reading posts?

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Try using a thumless grip. That is the thumbs located on the same side of the bar as the fingers. Wrist pain and injury is not uncommon when the thumb is on the opposisite side of the bar as the fingers. The weight tends to be distributed towards the finger end of the palm rather than focused along the ball of the palm closer to the wrist.

Place the bar on the lower palm as close to the wrist as is safely possible and directly under the forearm bones (humerus and radius bones). The weight should be on the meaty part of the lower palm. Bench presses and shoulder presses can be performed in this manner as well. It will feel strange and unsafe if you are not accustomed to this technique, but you will soon become accustomed to it and it will be perfectly safe. I have trained with a thumbless grip in all of the above mentioned exercises for 30 years and have never injured my wrist or dropped a weight even when when performing heavy negatives.

When performing bench dips be sure that the focus of the weight on your hands is directly over the meaty lower portion of the hand as well.

THanks Scott, sometimes I use that method when my wrist hurst and I want to bench or do push ups.
    ***SONIC KICK***