Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Training BLOG

OK…… no trip to Florida this weekend… so I need to reset my training… need to get back to lifting heavy and improve my absolute strength… max strength… whatever… so back to the big 3 as far as lifts go… the weather outside is helping so back to the track i go to bang out some sprints... i'll start those next week... i'm looking to add something new to my training but i'm not sure what... come May... its back to Judo....

Edit - gotta get back to working my basics… foot work… the pivot… kickcatches… esp my footwork gotta stay on my toes… I get flatfooted sometimes…

hip hop side bar - about Talib… that's not the first time someone said that about him… but I still feel him all the same… CSN… always full of surprises when it comes to the music… and I understand about not getting past the mainstream when it comes to music you really aren't deep into... i get alot of sh!t for liking Linkin Park etc...
    Last edited by Suntzu; 03-27-2003 at 08:57 AM.
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

M&M - too much shock value, but yeah the boy's got skillz. He admits as much, that he's not the best. I'm really not into offensive lyrics anymore. I actually attended one of his concerts at my friend's school, he had the whole crowd put their middle fingers in the air. It was like a sideshow attraction. He could never top Spice1 and MC Eiht anyway for hardcore. Too mainstream, too grating. Do dig the Dre production.

I'm more of a Black Thought kind of guy, although my rap-listening days are mostly past. Used to like Method Man, Ice cube etc.

Lately I've been listening mostly to *gasp* classic rock! Go Neil Young, Def Leopard! Especially in the car, I have virtually no such CD's.

Latin Music (NOT pop!), classical music, are some other interests.

Originally posted by fa_jing
    Lately I've been listening mostly to *gasp* classic rock!
    Congratulations! You've taken your first step into the world of OLDPHARTDOME! The second step is to relax your training schedule and get your post count here to two thousand. It's all downhill thereafter.

in the past year my musical intrests has changed greatly… from electronic… high energy to lounge… a lil nu metal or whatever they labeling it now… African house is str8 like that… hip hop has gotten boring… so I had to look elsewhere…

training entry… its shopping time… I need a new traing toy… it’s the whole 'proud to be an American' consumer in me… my choices are…
    Jens Pulver's Dirty Boxing video…
    Agility Ladder…
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Originally posted by Mat
    10 hindu squats (can do hundreds - maybe 5 - but usually don't have time, find them extremely boring and don't see the point of that many reps).

That may be. However, it begs the question: what is the point of doing 10 Hindu squats??

p.s. LOL @ dnc101

dam-n havent posted here for aaages

Typical training during the week

Monday - 8pm to 9.30pm White crane
    Monday - 9.30 to 10.30 White crane sparring

Tuesday - 7.00 - 9.00pm Shotokan Karate, with a slight jujitsu influence

Wednesday - 8.00pm - 10.00pm Shotokan again, some sparring

Thursday - 8.00 - 9.30pm White crane

Friday - day off

Saturday - practice forms in park for about 40mins - 1hr

Sunday - 10.30 - 12.00am White crane sparring

good idea for a thread, btw

Peoplesforum > I Spit on your Groove > Rebuilding in a Cipher A more appropriate venue for discussing hiphop. In fact, I Spit on Your Groove is the best collection of music posters on the internet. I go by my first name there, Austin.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

What if you want to discuss Hip -hop with your KFO buddies??

What if this is the only forum you ever frequent and you don't feel like becoming aware of some other forum's set of handles and personality types?

Start a thread, cross your fingers, and hope?
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Actually, start a thread about training and it will be sure to be hijacked. Controlling the direction of this hijack is difficult, especially since you can't really hijack your own thread, people keep coming back with on-topic posts.

OK, pretty much what you said. LOL

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    Peoplesforum > I Spit on your Groove > Rebuilding in a Cipher A more appropriate venue for discussing hiphop. In fact, I Spit on Your Groove is the best collection of music posters on the internet. I go by my first name there, Austin.
    Your real name is Austin and you live in Austin? Cool.

Was that deliberate?

(Is your surname Texas?)
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

LOL

Or Powers?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Or Seven, for the old car enthusiasts!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Or Healey
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Swinburn, actually.

And yeah, I've heard just about every "Austin in Austin" joke conceivable. And I F@#$ING HATE Michael Myers! My name used to be interesting and unusual until he got hold of it, now it's a punchline to the worst joke ever. The most recent movie flopped, though, so I won't have to deal with that much longer. I have no feeling pro or con towards Austin vehicles.
    Crippled Avenger