Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poison hands/fingers

But using the technique to defend yourself against live resisting opponents?

That's a whole different ball of wax. . .

just like supposedly being able to shatter heavy bricks with a light slap as certain masters claim they can do.

poison hands?

Poison hands

Indeed….

In my 20+ years, I never saw any one with the ability to penetrate someone’s skin with his or her hands. Demonstrating a technique on a watermelon is hardly evidence, considering that a watermelons skin doesn’t stretch, nor is there very resilient bone and cartilage underneath it. It’s laughable that someone would actually try to pawn this off to the public as some sort a evidence of martial skill. Humans move and strike back; watermelons don’t…not unless someone is throwing one at you.

As you can tell I’m contemptuous of this type of skill. I think it can easily lead one astray.

That said many hand techniques if done correctly don’t need to penetrate the body to be extremely effective. This we all know

On the subject of Qi projection from a distance.

As of now, (I’m only speaking for myself) I haven’t come across any Chinese or Japanese or Western master that possessed any more Qi than myself.

And……………. “NO I don’t project Qi from a distance.”

My latest investigation/ inquiry into so-called real Qi projection was when I started training here in Detroit under a highly ranked Japanese Aikido master who trained under Ueshiba himself, he claimed to possess KI/Qi projection powers. One night he started waving his hands around like “Cloud hands” and his senior students started falling like trees in a typhoon. When it came to my turn I just stood there (I didn’t feel a thing, not even a breeze) the look on his senior students said it all. That was the last time I worked out there. I’m not knocking Aikido or the man’s school (he had some top notch students and he was highly skilled himself)

However, he was fooling himself and his students knew it.

This isn’t to say I don’t recognize the existence of Qi….. To my /knowledge, Qi get manipulated internally or transferred externally through actual contact or sub-contact. …(palms in close proximity to another’s body etc…)

Either I’m dense as a rock physically or hypnotically dense, I haven’t felt a thing when someone attempts some sort of projection technique on me. Never have.

I’ll call anyone on the carpet to demonstrate it to me…..

My Old Sifu always laughed when this subject was brought up. He was skeptical and I guess his view on Qi projection rubbed of on me.

One day I said “Sifu, but what about the old masters? Recorded history states they had great powers, didn’t they posses great martial abilities with Qi, couldn’t they project Qi to defeat an opponent?”

He replied, “If they did possesses great Qi powers, then what were they doing with all those weapons?”

“Good point!” I answered

if all the masters could fly then why did houses have stairs?

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

I once heard a story about an old monk who could prevent people from coming within 15 feet of him if he wanted to. He was still killed by the bullets of the Japanese soldiers
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by joedoe
    I once heard a story about an old monk who could prevent people from coming within 15 feet of him if he wanted to. He was still killed by the bullets of the Japanese soldiers
    * I guess sadly even terrible BO is no defence against gunfire
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

"Several students of Willy wetzel another silat master claims of having poison fingers. These are just some of the people that i heard train in it."

my sifu was a student of wetzel. not once have i heard him mention poison hands or anything of the sort.
    where's my beer?

Gunned. Do you know of anyone who practices willy wetzel's hand in chicago? Thanks.

Im currently doing research on Guru Wetzel and Guru Willem reeders.

sorry to say that i don't man. i only know of two teachers around here as this is the area willy was in. my teacher and some other guy i have heard mixed opinions on. i live in wheeling wv, which is about 45 mins outside pittsburgh. to my knowlege willy operated out of pa which is why there'd be a couple teachers in my area.

looking around on the web a while back i came accross a couple other schools, but sadly most of them looked pretty bad. there were 2 i think that looked pretty good, but they were in ca if i remember right.

i wish you a lot of luck in finding anyone knowing willys pukulan as i don't think he taught a whole lot of people in the states.
    where's my beer?

Master Wetzel and Master Reeders

Check out Master Art Sikes because he trained with both of these men and was Grandmaster Reeders top student. What kind of info are you researching? I don't usually ask my teacher about the history too much because we are usually busy, but I am sure he would answer some questions. I would really like to find out more facts about Liu Seong as that info seems hard to come by on the net.

Peace and blessings to all

By the way, here is Grandmaster Sikes' website
    http://www.nasda.net/index.html

I believe Master liu Seong trained with the uncles of the De Thouars brothers. Do you think he helped influenced the Serak style? He sounds like he had super human powers or atleast a very very high skill. What do you know about him. And thanks for showing up I thought i was the only one who heard of this. It was almost to the point that thought i made it up. Do you guys know of Guy Savelli?

Peace

Check this site out. This interview seems to be where most of peoples info on Master Reeders comes from. http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/1043/index.html

Let me first say that I don't know any "facts" because I was not there. I have read that Liu Seong had trained one of the De Vries in exchange for them training Master Reeders in the Serak system. I would have no way of knowing if he influenced the Serak system itself, but I doubt it. Like I said, Master Sikes is the one person I know of that spent a great deal of time with Master Reeders, and he would know any details you are looking for. As far as the history of the systems passed down to us, I still have a great deal to learn. Learning and knowing the systems themselves is a lifetime of work ahead of me, if I am so lucky. Yes I know of Guy Savelli, and I have heard mixed things about him. He is one of the oldschool guys though and I imagine he is a very good martial artist. If what he does is different than others, that is common in these arts as individuals are taught individually. My only gripe with him is the whole correspondance course thing, but it may work for some people. Anything else, I would have to fist experience before I pass judgement.

Peace and blessings to all

Blog Entries
    I doubt you could do it. The skin, despite being very thin is also very strong and elastic. Most likely "demonstrations" of this skill are hocus pocus.

Senior master Mullins and Senior Master Leonard have been known to do 1 finger bored breaks at tourneys... one with the pointer and the other with the thumb... But as posted before, the skin is very elastic... it wont snap like wood... But for pressure points to be effective, theres absolutely no need to break skin. so whats the point of that anyways?

Im sorry.. its been a very long day. Bored whislt half asleep means board.