Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Monkey kung fu

"720 double smash kick"

Anybody else laugh their ass off at this?

ghth, you do shaolin, right?
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

I forget who said it in this forum but someone said they saw some of the monkey tapes ( the monkey/pekwar stuff)
    was it from the chinese monkey king or the white monkey king? (wow!! after saying it like that I know I am starting something!!!)

I am looking into buying a tape and want to get one that has monkey not the pekwar. I don't want to buy a tape blind and find out it looks like wushu or lohan (no dis) if I want a tape on monkey... ya know?! I have no idea what the pekwar looks like, but it is the monkey I am looking to get.

thanks for anyone who can help...
    The main demonstrator for the form was Chan Kai Leung and the applications were demonstrated by Chan Sau Chung. Here's their website: http://www.chinesekungfuonline.com/e...video_main.htm
    The tape I bought was called Yuen Yang Fist and was the first one they put out. I found the form pretty easy to learn from the video. It also had some clips of them performing various other forms at the begining and a brief history. Overall, pretty good quality.

Shaolindo = Joke.

After looking at that website, how can anyone take that place seriously?

Quick note.

Pek kwar is translated to "axe hand". But, it is an ape style based on the gibbon.

There are many sites that explain this.

http://www.pachitanglang.com/styles/pikua.htm

No authentic style? Wait a minute!

Originally posted by Brad
    There aren't any authentic monkey style videos on the market. You're better off just going with what you can find.
    What?! Check out http://www.chinesekungfuonline.com/e...video_main.htm . Grandmaster Chan Sau Chung is the Monkey King of Hong Kong (the real monkey king, that is). If you are looking for a legitimate authority, this is the place you want to look at. Don't waste your time with any other source that claims to teach authentic Tai Shing Pek Qwar unless Grandmaster Chan endorses him or her.

Good luck,

Doug M

Bak mei the complete system at black sash!!!!!!

I am not trying to be a jerk but first off the entire white eyebrow at black sash?

Bak mei first off is a very secretive style

secondly its hard to find a Sifu who is competent in it

thirdly their are over 40 forms in one family and maybe more in others...

do they teach you the ging needed to apply bak mei?

penetrating inch force?

reverse breathing?

or any concept that would define it as Bak mei?

Bak mei has a paticular flavor and movment. DO they teach you the neccessary concepts

And just to note... I have seen Shaolin do.. I was based at Ft knox Kentucky. I have friends that have tried and or trained in the system. I know the mantis they have learned from the teachers do not comply with mantis principles. The forms, some are legit, but they are exactlly like the mantis from several popular series out as well as one being from a well known school but I am sure they do not know that the form is a clan fist set and not a traditional mantis set.

How do I know this.. well the form is from One of my Sifu's tape series. Sifu Raul Ortiz has a series out but almost all the forms are clan set. thats how I know that paticular form was learned from a video cassette and I am assuming white ape exits cave is from the John Funk series or maybe from LKW book. I am not trying to be a jerk but I am just trying to shed light on the origins of the forms you are learning. It is one thing to learn a form and there is no harm in that. But to learn a system and to say you are a practioner or Mantis stylist or Bak mei student you must have the core concepts, stratergy, ideaology and theory to truly say you are doing what you say you are doing. If this is not true then all the person is doing is playing forms.

Cheers
    Victor
    What, me worry?