Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My experience in going to the ground in a real fight and some very common street fighter techniques

reemul Guest

knowing how not to

knowing how not to go to the ground is even better.

chokeyouout2 Guest

Vitor

Are you at ITG?I am.These dudes are funny.

ATENG Guest

reality

thanks for your replies guys. i'll see if my financial situation allows me to check out bjj..heheh.

reality,

my bad...for some reason i alwoys thought "northsouth" was the poisition in which both guys have their heads in opposite directions. like the position you're in when applying the four-corners hold from judo.

abe

---------------------
    Its all fun and games til someone loses an
    eye. Then its just fun.

LEGEND Guest
    ATENG...actually I think you can learn to apply BJJ through video tapes or seminars...it's easier to grapple in my opinion than learning the striking arts...primarly cause in grappling you're right there feeling your opponent out...in striking you'll have to use your footwork to get to your opponent and hope that timing would work!

A

T Guest
    I have to ask, How Old are most of you who are responding here?

T Guest
    I have to ask, how old are most of you guys here?

T Guest
    I have to ask, how old are most of you guys?

Knifefighter Guest

North/South vs. Side control

ATENG:
    You are correct. The north/south (sometimes called the 69)is the position in which both fighters' bodies are parallel. Both fighters feet are directly opposite.

The side control position is with the fighers' bodies perpendicular to each other.

Some people also call the side control postition the side mount. However, others refer to the side mount as the full mount with the bottom person on his side and the top person with one knee raised (in front of/above the opponent's stomach) and sitting back over the other foot

ATENG Guest
    thanks KF,

haven't seen you post for awhile. 69 eh? hahahaa...i've also heard the guard referred to as the "*****'s" position by a friend of mine who trained with tony ceccine.

abe

---------------------
    eye. Then its just fun.

ATENG Guest
    that was "w h o r e" btw...heheh

---------------------
    eye. Then its just fun.

INFINOO Guest
    From my experience when one person in a fight has his mind on taking it to the ground there is a better than 50% chance it will happen. With all else being equal, gravity pulls us all down. By the way, when the kick boxer won the UFC it was because the ref stood them up from a deadlock postion on the ground.If not then they might still be there. Now a days, the best stand up fighters also have a solid foundation in there ground fighting skills. One thing I have always wondered is were are these stand up fighters fighting there fight.
    Unless you live in a kung-fu movie you are on the ground. OO [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]