Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun scandal

That was my point - you are not in the Leung Ting organization, yet you seem to be so knowledgeable about it. You are only half-correct, the 11th Level is an honorary title for him in Europe only. Confusing yes, important no.

Whether its the 10th, 11th or 88th level, it is still a creation of his organization, as is the grading structure in your organization. Don't you get it? That was the point. I can explain it again if you are not sure.

I think you are correct about me obsessing and having mental problems. I'm taking your comment to heart and getting some professional treatment right away. Thanks!

Datou, I am not part of Leung Ting organization, I am simply stating information about LT.
    To eager to critisize? Just trying to pick all the negative things?
    Cause you are totally wrong on this. LT has still the 10th level in his org. (the EWTO including). Next time be more accurate when stating information! Or you should read more neutral sources as well.

Wow, it really is the 1980s again. Better get me some big hair and some Bon Jovi classics!

Originally posted by Tristan

To eager to critisize? Just trying to pick all the negative things?
    Cause you are totally wrong on this. LT has still the 10th level in his org. (the EWTO including). Next time be more accurate when stating information! Or you should read more neutral sources as well.
    check this out:
    http://www.wingchun.com/wtmain.htm

and

http://www.wingtsunrandwick.com/
    Last edited by marcelino31; 04-27-2003 at 03:52 PM.

rene - please don't mock this important era - some of my best training partners were born in the early 80's!

everyboday wang tsun tonight!

Wing Chun Scandal--Another HFY Thread?

What martial art did Garrett Gee's father teach? Where did Garrett Gee's father teach?

What high school in San Francisco, CA did Garrett Gee attend growing up? Did he graduate?

Garrett Gee "borrows" TWC and adds in terms such as "paradigm shift," "time and space," and Hung Fi Yee. Can you prove he didn't?

http://www.schulzmartialarts.com/eve.../02192003.html

http://www.joplinglobe.com/archives/...it/story4.html
    Uber Field Marshall Grendel

Mm Yan Chi Dai---The Cantonese expression Mm Yan Chi Dai, translates to "Misleading other people's children." The idiom is a reference to those teachers who claim an expertise in an art that they do not have and waste the time and treasure of others.

Wing Chun---weaponized Chi (c)

You are behaving like a child Grendel!

You should read more information before you make such assertions. This behavior is childish and very insulting. You lack information so you choose to insult what you do not understand. This only reflects on you. So do us all a favor and reframe from these childish acts.

Grendel - In reference to the blurb under your screen name, you are proving to be a true master baiter! Why do you choose to post these types of comments under this screen name and not your other?

Care to share your real name?

-David
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

very fau kiu

"To see what is right and not to do it is cowardice." --Confucius

Grendel you may want to either read your own tag again or change your nick preferably to something that starts with C.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Cause you are totally wrong on this. LT has still the 10th level in his org. (the EWTO including). Next time be more accurate when stating information!
    Good advice! Maybe you should take it!

I remember distinctly the 11th level, Master of Almightiness (cringe) press release from the WT org. Be it honorary, only in Europe, or whatever, it's still pretty weird.

I also remember a press release in Blitz Magazine in Australia prior to Leung Ting's and Keith Kernspecht's visit her recently. Apparently Leung Ting is now a "Great Grandmaster", presumably to make room for KK's own apotheosis to "Grandmaster".

I know these titles are created by the WT organisation, AS indeed is William Cheung's own "Grandmaster" status by the WWCKFA (which my Sifu and I once belonged to, but no longer do mainly due to this sort of idiocy). They are all self promotions, as well as all rampantly egotistical and pretty ridiculous.

The best, sanest and most senior MA teacher I've ever met I refer to as "Dave".

In my last trip to Hong Kong I went to a library in Kowloon and found the complete articles (and subsequent follow ups over the years 1976-78) and had copies made for my records.
    Pretty funny for someone who goes to this extent to lecture us all on not getting obsessed with sensational and sordid events.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Grendel - Like I said, I probably should get some help! Actually, my last trip to HK was taken before I started WT, and that is why I did the research. Still makes me weird though.

Grendel,

If memory serves, Gee sifu's father is a well known practitioner of Fu family martial arts (Bagua, Xingyi, Taiji), which was brought to Guangdong from the north by the famous Fu Zhensong, and has been caried on by several students and his own family (of course, with the usual internacine feuding about who received the truer realer secreter stuff). Well known Fu family practitioners, besides Gee sifu's father, are Bow Sim-Mark in the US, and my sisuk, Kwok Wan-Ping in Hong Kong, both of whom learned from Fu's son, Fu Wing-Fai.

I also remember something about Jing Mo (Chin Woo) in the background.

Datou - Born in the 80s?! D@mn I'm getting old. The 80s were my highschool years! Now where's that original Van Halen stuff...

Thumbs up

Everyone's talking Garret Gee - someone get the chap to register and post a few answers to all the questions... I want to get back to my Adam Ant cassette.

"Stand and deliver - your money or your life... Haa... and even though you fool your souls your conscience will be mine...
    all mine"

Hmmmm
    *There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

This one is for you Phil Redmon,

http://vingtsun.virtue.nu/

are those the same pics you were talking about?
    Last edited by marcelino31; 04-28-2003 at 07:33 AM.

That head swapping shot cracks me up!!

I want to put my head in there and frame it.