Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Wing Chun and the Mafia -- The Story of Don Chisao

1. Epiphany

DON CHISAO'S STUDY (SUMMER 2000)

It's late in the evening; but as they would be at any time of day, the heavy drapes at the window that overlook the garden where the Don's daughter Connie was married are pulled tightly shut to block out the world. A single candle burns on his dresser, in front of the mirror. Meanwhile, Don Chisao is at the far end of the room. Fists tightly at his sides and knees bent, the old man pauses for what seems like an eternity.

Then, a swift turn and a kick! Pong sao, step! Pong sao, step! Don Chisao is invigorated by the return of his health and the opportunity to complete the chum kiu that was cut short by a hail of bullets. Who's the monkey now? laughs the Don. I am Don Chisao!

Coming to the end of his form, his toe points down and the Don effortlessly does kicks out, then to the side, then does the same on the other side, for a total of one kick.

The Don's feet draw together again and he straightens. His eyes fall to the photograph of Michael and Sunny on his dresser and suddenly the vigour is gone. Thoughts flood back to fill the void created by the trance-like state he always enters when doing his forms. The bullet wounds tingle as he slowly sits himself down into the chair.

"Geez I could lose a few pounds," he complains to himself. "Yip Man never was like this."

The Don's eyes settle on the candle's hypnotic flicker. He thinks of Michael and wonders where he is. He thinks of Connie, married to that punk, and of Sunny. In his mind, he envisions the turf war that tore his family apart as thought he were there himself, going over every bong lap da, every kick, every bui sao striking those who dared to take his family on. His mind wanders on, pausing at seemingly every event of the past year and beyond, the dreams, the reality. "Thought and thought and thought," mutters the Don as he stares deep into the flame, "doesn't it ever stop?"

"For all that I've blessed
    And all that I've wronged
    In dreams until my death
    I will wonder on"

The Don crosses himself three times then slowly rises from his chair to check his appearance in the mirror. Blinded by the candle, he sees nothing. Don Chisao smiles.

2. The End

THE DON'S WIFE (CALLING FROM DOWNSTAIRS) "Don Chisao, are you okay? Come down for dinner!

DON CHISAO (CALLING BACK): I'll be right down.

The Don makes his way slowly down the stairs and into the kitchen, where his wife is waiting with a huge bowl of spaghetti, a gallon jug of red wine, and a rack of barbequed back ribs.

MRS CORLEONE: So how are you feeling? Did you do your forms?

The Don looks at her and says nothing. He can't recall the last time he looked at his wife.

MRS CORLEONE ignores his stare and piles his plate high with pasta. She pours two large glasses of wine and the two eat quietly together, used to not saying much.

THE DON: So are we gonna go for dim sum with Sunny tomorrow?

MRS CORLEONE: Yeah, that's what he said. You got time?

THE DON: Sure I got time. He stares at her again.

MRS CORLEONE (BLUSHES): Don you never look at me like that anymore! What is the matter with you?

The Don just smiles.

MRS CORLEONE: You're done your dinner, now go back upstairs and do your forms. You haven't done your bui ji yet! It's been what, a year?

THE DON: You know what? I think that can wait a little bit. The Don takes her hand, and they both rise from the table and move slowly toward the stairs.

(MUSIC BEGINS AS CREDITS ROLL) "She motioned to me / That she wanted to leave / And go somewhere warm / Where we'd be alone / I do not know, what's going on / But I'm guessing it's an all night thing

If it's an all night thing / Nobody is gonna make it end / And if it doesn't begin / Don't worry that I'll that offense / And if it's an all night thing / And we fall like a tear falling / To the ground / I'll never come around / And you'll never hear a word from me / If it's an all night thing

I walked along, feeling at ease / And falling like rain / Into her scheme / She won't let on what that will be / But I'm guessing / It's an all night thing

If it's an all night thing / Nobody is gonna make it end / And if it doesn't begin / Don't worry that I'll take offense / And if it's an all night thing / And we fall like a tear falling / To the ground / I'll never come around / And you'll never hear a word from me / If it's an all night thing..."

(FADE TO BLACK)

Really fine work

Should be available for download somewhere in its entirety.

Do I see a sequel coming?
    'If someone wants to fight you, run a mile. If they are still behind you after that, run another mile. If they still want to fight, and it is really worth it, turn around and beat the living !*$!% out of them, 'cause they will be really tired.'

Alpha Dog,

In my humble opinion, your screenplay has sunk that of the highly acclaimed unsinkable Titanic when it comes to good old WC romance and mushy love stuffs. With the coming advent of the Matrix movie, could you incorporate new tech factors for your sequel of the Don Chisau screenplay? Perhaps, something like the chisau factory, the space and time warp generator, mind benders fighters, etc...

Regards,

And the crowd goes nuts!

Two thumbs up from Ebert!

Harry effuses in offputting sexual terms!

CHUD begind sequel gossip!

Nancy O'Dell dresses up as MRS CORLEONE and Biu Jee's Pat O'Brian live on NBC...

CONCERNED CUJINE

Alpha Doga:

Fantastic stuff....from one paisan to (obviously) another!

But the thought has occurred to me that maybe you have justa little too mucha time ona you hands.a...

I must dissent, Victor. "A thing of beauty is a joy forever." -John Keats. There is nothing quite like the sound and fury of Alpha Dog's bites.

Regards,