Thread: pulling a muscle -- the whole muscle or a single "head?"

pulling a muscle -- the whole muscle or a single "head?"

when one pulls or strains a muscle, is it the whole muscle that is pulled or can it be just a single "head" of that muscle that got tugged.

case in point: i've been doing single-arm extensions (lying down, upper arm straight up, bending at elbow only) ten times with a 30-lb to build strength in my tris. while the outermost and innermost heads feel fine, the middle/bottom one seems to be all bent out of shape over something i did when working it tonight.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

You sure it's a muscle you pulled and not a hurting tendon or ligament?
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

i know it's not a full pull -- just a slight strain. and i can feel it when i try to push something with that arm. it sure as heck seems like it's coming from the muscle, because the pain shows up right at the head. when the muscle contracts.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Sounds like a strain -- you might have hurt the tendon.

Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevation

Deep massage sometimes feels good.
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

was a strain -- was able to do yoga last night with no fuss.