Thread: USAWKF 2001 6th annual championship trials in Baltimore

Vankuen Guest

USAWKF 2001 6th annual championship trials in Baltimore

Im not sure if this is the right forum to post this on, but since theres no full contact or sanshou forums, I figured this would be the next closest thing.

Wondering if anyone on here is going to the trials, and if so if any of you are going to compete in the sanshou fights!

Im planning on competing for my first time ever, (Ive always done this for a way of life, and well never had a want to try it till now.) and wanted to know if anyone had any good advice and training tips for sanshou.

Thanks.....

apoweyn Guest
    I didn't know about it. But I'm near Baltimore and would very much like to at least watch.

Could you post the full info (dates, place, all that).

Cheers.

Stuart

Vankuen Guest

heres the website for the event

US wushu kung fu federation it should have all the events listings there.

RFM Guest
    Spar, spar, spar...particularly with someone who is better than you and who's moves or style will make you think faster and more efficient. Do not settle to spar with several people of lower caliber, training of this kind is learning, therefore you need to find someone better than you, who also isn't going to be competing in the same tournament.

Bob

From One Thing, Know Ten Thousand.

apoweyn Guest
    Thanks Vankuen.

By the way, I checked out the website. Very nice.

Stuart

Vankuen Guest
    Thanks for the compliments on the website. I put a lot of work into it.

Ive been meaning to put some vids on there of me doing quality stuff, but that was one of the things I also wanted to show people, that no matter how good someone looks on a good day, they can look just as bad on a bad day.

Ive seen so many martial arts sites similiar to mine that show only the very best of what they've done, which doesnt portray the total truth of their skills. So I show the good with the mediocre, with the bad. After all, being honest in training is the only way to get ahead. And just want to show the people that even though I can look really good at what I do, it comes with hard knocks too. lol