Thread: Hei Gong

Hei Gong

Hi there, Im a practitioner of a form of mainland wingchun(gungfu). In my line we have a couple of qigong sets, I have been practising these now as an aside to my reguler training for a couple of years.
    I really enjoy it, but i am still a beginner i get (relative to my experiance) quite strong sensations from it. I guess what i am trying to ask is what am i to expect from the many years i will hopefully continue to practice this.
    Will the senstaions increase? Will i be able to apply them in anyway(not necasarily martial or marital hehehe)?
    I would appreciate it if people would share their experiances!!
    Thanks.

Internal strength development will not make you an immortal

But it will help you in a couple of areas.

1) it will build and maintain vital energy and health.

2) you will recover faster from ailments with internal strength development exercises.

3)you will recover faster from strikes

4)you will be able to better protect sensitive areas of you body from striking

5)you will be more aware of yourself from a holistic sense

6)internal strength development will help you to bring unity to yourself in motion or in stillness.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Ohh i was hoping to be able to wield the 9 foot pole like yoda!! LOL

I am just getting over a nasty cold at the moment and i found interesting that when i did heigong(stopped all other training) it would give me some temporary energy, anyone else experianced this??

Thanks for your reply Kung Lek.

Hi all,

Another quick question for this group.
    Doing Hei gong in the outside in cold weather (not snow cold, Aussie winter cold), is it okay?
    It gets a bit windy I put on gloves and a jacket. Should I discontinue this and move indoors?
    The only reason for this is time wise I prever to do my hei gong during my lunch time work breaks.

Thanks in advance.

Aussie winter - lol - should try being here in Scotland

i would say just be natural... do what feels right for you as you know your own body. I mean ive been outside in around -2C just wearing a t-shirt and trousers before - could see the steam rising off me when i was doing some horse stance.

Also for me, i dont worry about the long term benefits, i know itmakes me feel good, so am happy just to train each day

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.