Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: awsome new site w/cool photo's

Crimson Phoenix Guest
    Heeeuuuuu....I do strike like that...effective because surprising and unorthodox, painless, at least for me...the wrist is heavily wrapped in ligaments and it's a very strong shock absorber...you can strike any part of the opponent with that...plus it forces you to use a whipping motion that is both fast and penetrating...in my opinion, I'd use that anytime over a "dumb" punch...but who am I anyway? :-)

Budokan Guest
    Yeah, I also thought that was what we in shotokan call a "chicken head" strike and not an ox-jaw.

Also, it's typical for the shoot-and-mount crowd to think that people fight out of those stances. It simply shows their ignorance when it comes to any other style than their "superior" one used in some-holds-barred and penultimate fighting championships.

YAWN. Their arrogance is really tiring after a while.

K. Mark Hoover

Grappling-Insanity Guest

O.K. maybe its a legit strike...

But doing it to the side of his head is a good way to break your knuckle er.. wrist I guess...

SevenStar Guest
    I know of it as a chicken head also. I thought the ox jaw was more similar to a willow palm...

-SevenStar©
    Come not between the dragon and his wrath...

Grappling-Insanity Guest

Yes Budokan

It really shows my ignorance.... listen I dont train Kung-Fu. So when I go to a Kung-Fu website and I see these "stances" what do I think. I think they must fight from them. What else are stances for??. And if you fight like you train... then dont you fight like that???

Budokan Guest
    Then why don't you do some research and find out what they are actually for, rather than simply going into knee-jerk mode and downplaying them?

K. Mark Hoover

tnwingtsun Guest

Grappling-Insanity

You would have a hard time with this guy,first he is almost bald and his hair looks brown,not red. :D

jesper Guest

Hitting with the wrist

We used to strike with the wrist in Wing Tsun, but found out that more often than not you would break your arm in real life situations.
    Unless you were really really good, and he was really really bad :)