Thread: Rare style of Black Tiger Kung fu in July us. mag

Rare style of Black Tiger Kung fu in July us. mag

Hi.

there is an articke in july's (maybe its june ) magazine .. its an american one.. inside king fu or black belt maybe william cc chen (taiji) is on the cover of it)

does anyone want to scan me a copy of the black tiger artical (i wouldnt say no to richard bustillo one too ) is like $16 in Aust. and i'm poor.. itys about 4 pages all up. I can trade of something for also like a couple of shantung black tiger applications or something on other styles.. from book or old magazine

or... just a sacn of the 9 grinder dummy picture!!

thank you for ur consideration

5thBro

That article is in this month's IKF.

Didn't seem to say a whole lot, though.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

:)

IKF hey.. kewl..

yeah.. din say much.. certianly not gunna pay $16 for it!.. even with william chen and richard bustillo articls still not worth $16 hhehe and im too poor hehe..

but dam i really want those photos of the teacher in the article!!

thanks

where are you buying magazines that they cost $16 with a $4 or $5 cover price? call flying dragon in wheaton maryland. They are unloading back issues of all magazines for $1 each you could get 20 or 30 and have them ship it to you.

just realized "aust." probably means australia and not austin texas. oops my bad.

Originally posted by brothernumber9
    ...call flying dragon in wheaton maryland. They are unloading back issues of all magazines for $1 each you could get 20 or 30 and have them ship it to you.
    What is the number and do they have a website address??

Wow, your, like, saying there is, like, "stuff" out side America???

Yep

good old Australia!!!!

The article you are referring to is almost the identical one published in the kung fu/qigong mar/feb/01 issue.
    Here is another one on a different style of BT.
    Once in the main part of the site select the articles button and then the published articles icon. Click on the BT article.
    Also, the current issue of kQ has an article on Black Tiger Chain Whip.

Shaolin West Kung Fu Kwoon

GHD

thanks for the shaloin west url

5thBro

I’ve read the article and I wouldn’t say it’s any thing special. I think it’s a bit dodgy that author he states that the lineage comes from the founder Soo Huk Fu who passed his style on to an anonymous monk and then onto Fung Ping Wai. If they now the systems sijo Soo Huk Fu and that Fung Ping Wai is third generation and that Fung Ping Wai passed on the art to Wong Cheung, why don’t they know the name of Fung Ping Wai’s teacher, who was Soo Huk Fu’s student?
    Last edited by alecM; 06-14-2003 at 08:34 AM.
    "Ira furor brevis est !"
    ====================;;;;<>
    I didn't want fries with that or even soda doesn't any one in this dam country ever listen.