Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Al is Running His Mouth Again

Big Al is Running His Mouth Again

I was sifting thru some of my junk email this weekend, and found a Al Colangelo Mindboxing newsletter. I have'nt recieved one for a long time, ever since I told the guy he was full of crap. Well, like the guy who knows the carton of milk in his fridge has soured, but for some sick reason has to remove the lid and smell it anyway. I opened the email.
    And there it was: A one year student of Al's defeated the top Bagua master in China. Another of Al's students defeated a famous san shou champion with one internal strike. Two of Al's video students in NYC defeated the top BJJ fighters in NYC so bad they were not allowed back into the school. Or my favorite; None of the so called internal experts can do Monk Set 1 without falling on the floor in exhaution. etc,etc, etc.
    I thought you guys shut this BSer up last year. Heeeeeeeeeeeee's back!

I'm still waiting for my plane tickets to come "feel" the devastation. I knew I shouldn't have deleted those emails. Everytime I clean something bad happens.

Who is this guy?

Al Colangelo www.mindboxing.com. I guess you could call him the king of martial art BSers. The post above tells just a few of his BS stories. Someone gave me a tape of Monk Set 1&2 and some one had given that person the tape,and I gave it to someone else, truth be known it's probally been given away a few more times since. That might tell you how highly thought of his Monk Sets are.

"Then, I saw what Al does. No one to date could perform what he taught a 16 year old to do. The "Crazy Rooster" performance of Pentjak Silat by this 16 year old proved to me this was the real art. Then, I saw a begiinner take on two NHB grapplers at 285, 260 at once on video"

lol....
    Id like to meet this guy and kick his ass, then slap his waking face with a whitebelt and tell him I know sport karate.

I'm poking through his website now. I came across a video called Projecting Shen or something. It looks almost as if he is really tired or really lazy.

I'm poking through his website now. I came across a video called Projecting Shen or something. It looks almost as if he is really tired or really lazy.
    He looks like he's making that up as he goes.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

"See why all other arts including Dim Ma, Iron Palm and Pressure Points are useless against this art yet alive in the hands of the Wu Tong expert. "
    "You will learn how to stand showing no stance or readiness yet be capable of defeating an attacker with one step. It's proven on video many times and you never need to block or parry any incoming strikes being thrown at you. This art is perfect for all fighters and proves on video how a beginner defies all takedowns, never gets jabbed, struck, or kicked once in a 30 minute session. "
    "A video showing how Iron palm and Poison Hand can defeat multiple attackers; and break all holds. A beginner proves this art can handle 2 grapplers at once. More amazing than his ability to defeat a 285 lb. Bjj trained fighter and break out of all holds is his ability to defeat 2 extremely fast and wild, knife wielding fighters"

His "flowing Shen" video reminds me of that Star Wars kid video, only instead of some 13 year old playing with a stick, its a 40 year old wasting his life.

i hope that projecting shen thing wasn't supposed to be a form with any strikes, because not a single one had any extension, much less the hand in a strike-worthy shape.

ah well. at least the part at the end in which he looked like he was tossing a baseball looked familiar -- from my little league days.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Cool

~ Gee, I thought this was going to be a political thread about algore. Pity.
    ~ Monk sets 1 - 5 seem to be material that is readily available from Mstr Shar Kay Lew of San Diego. Basic level Chi Gong.
    ~ Real Silat is pretty cool. Got to experiance some before and it is pretty rough.
    ~ Oh well....

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

http://www.mindboxing.com/videos/

I just downloaded his Projecting Shit video or Flowing Shit video or whatever the fuck he calls it.

This crap is funny. That can not be a fighting thing. He has little to no footwork, he constantly backs up and twirls one arm around as if bored, and watching the hand movements I thought I was watching a dance tryout as a backup dancer for Britney Spears.

Anyone catch the file new.wmv? I had to go through the index to get these, saved them cause they wouldn't open normally for me. It reads "Title" for the name of the video. He does what he calls "Environmental Chi" where he throws his hands out and his opponent gets scared and jumps back. He will look like he is going to attack and his partner throws his hands up thinking he is going to be struck.

He keeps saying "He feels it more than you see it", feels what, stupid?

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I'll join one of these guys as soon as I see one throw a kamehameha wave.

My final take, work on the footwork, become a background dancer for Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 06-17-2003 at 12:08 AM.
    I have a signature.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    on southpark there was a dude called Big Gay Al, he had a gay dog too, and many other gay animals
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Including a gaggle off gay gooses.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Just couldn't stay away could you Xebs. Glad your back.

Get any yet?