Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: '71 Camaro-transmission trouble-a New Day

I guessed it was some sort of small sliding blade, but I didn't realise they actually meant a Stanley knife.
    Not sure if they were 100% stanley knifes.

I would face one of those snap-off blade knifes any day, but a proper stanley with a fresh blade in. YIIIKES.

Back home we called them also carpet cutters, jeez those things are sharp don't look for a sec and there goes the finger.

Yeah, the modelling knives are less of a threat, but the Stanley knife is a horrible weapon.

It was often the blade of choice in the UK for the football hooligans. Some pretty nasty stories, let me tell you....
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by Serpent
    It was often the blade of choice in the UK for the football hooligans. Some pretty nasty stories, let me tell you....
    You mean when they didn't use sharpened coins and similar.

Do you know what a Millwall Brick is?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Originally posted by Serpent
    Do you know what a Millwall Brick is?
    Haven't heard that one yet.

Brick with barbwire round it??

Enlighten me.

Nohing so obvious. It's simplicity is genius.

There got to be so much violence in football (soccer for the Yanks) matches, that they started by banning weapons (obviously) and then moved on to actually searching peoples pockets and bags at the gates. This led to an enormous haul in knifes and bottles and sharpened coins, etc. so the enterprising hooligan had to get creative.

Try this at home - you'll be amazed how good it is. Take a regular newspaper and lay it down flat. Now fold over the long edge by about 2 or 3 inches (6 to 8cm). Now keep rolling that over and over until you've got one long, thick, narrow newspaper. (You can try this with a regular sheet of paper just to get the idea). OK, so now you've got a long, thick roll of newspaper, right? So, now you bend it in half so that the two ends meet. Hold it by the "loose" end so that the folded end sticks out as if you're holding a club. Now feel how hard and solid the whole thing is. Bloody mad, huh!

Originally developed by the nastiest of hooligan crews, the Millwall "supporters", hence, The Millwall Brick. Seriously, if you get hit with one of these it's like getting hit by a short baseball bat.

Sounds like a good weapon.

All this talk about england makes me hungry.

Should I go for some Fish & Chips at the Hub tonight, or have some fried Tiger Prawns at home.

Try it - it's a killer!

Seriously, its isn't funny anymore you guys. I deliberately started a new thread to get some real answers and helpful information and you guys are screwing it up for the second time in a row. Why don't you continue on the old thread or start a new one. It's really getting irritating. Thanks-

Nothingness,
    You got 3 good responses before the thread was hijacked. That's almost a record.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

MasterKiller - 36th Chamber

God, I loved that movie!!!

Just thought you'd all like to know that.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

MasterKiller - 36th Chamber
    God, I loved that movie!!!

Just thought you'd all like to know that.
    Congratulations! You are the first person to associate my handle with a Gordon Lui flick (as if the avatar wasn't a clue).

Everyone else sends me PMs with crap like "What, do you think you are master at killing people, or something? Try killing me...."

Anyway, uh....Chicks dig Camaros. Keep it.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Kinda like how here in the states Fanny Batter would mean ass munching but in your wonderland it means clam licking.....talk about who has the wrong term.

BTW- I hear mentally impaired Aussies are vanishing in the middle of the night, taken prisoner by aliens, to be experimented on at Pinegap, which is your cheap ass Area 51........have you been abducted.....it would explain a lot.
    Regards

No, BlackJack, fanny batter doesn't mean clam licking. Fanny batter is, to use your terminology, clam juice.

Nothingness - you post about car repairs on a kung fu board and then get pizzed when the thread is hijacked? Too funny!

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    I had one like yours, it lasted for 3 years. Infact, it was in several differnet cars, backed up to several diffferent engines before I finnaly blew it for good. Sounds like the fluid was gooked up really bad, and maybe a clogged filter. Both of which would make an oterwise perfectly good trans not shift.

I say keep it as it is, and see how long it lasts, but keep some extra cash in the bank incase it's a worse problem.

oh, BTW ALL mechanics say there are metal shavings in the trans. if you didn't pull the pan yourself, you have no way of knowing for sure.

Her's a simple test, does it shift right? Does it sound normal (No grinding or louder than normal humming sounds?)

And fixing it so the shavings aren't a problem is nothing. Just slip a small round "cow magnet" inside the drain hole and make sure it goes to the bottom. It will collect any shavings before they get a chance to clog your new filter. If your tranny is getting worn, haveing a clogged filter will be what takes it out. keep the fiter good, and you could get as much as a few more years out of it.

And no, you are not nesisarally responceable for it going bad in the first place. It is 32 years old. Nothing lasts for ever, and I doubt you are the first owner.

maybe I should PM this to you so I know you'll get it.
    Last edited by Becca; 06-19-2003 at 09:28 PM.