Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: I Rule!

hey yeh it was cool to meet you guys, shame i hadnt trained more im impressed i could keep up with joedoe in the food department though

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

I can't believe there is a thread called "I rule" about a guy wasting away his life on the interent, do you train Serpent, I mean anything other then you rtyping skewz?

Don't be coming onto my thread just to diss me!

Yeah, I train. In fact, I think there's some comments on this vey thread about me hooking up with some of the other KFO users. Just proof that you didn't read the thread, but simply came here to mouth off!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by jon
    Hi Joedoe

I had a great time messing around with you as well, thank you for your encouraging words. Ill make sure i cut a check and post it out
    hehe im also fairly sure your grounding ability had a bit more going for it than simply a size difference. Do you guys train a lot of static stances? In the Hung we used to do them a lot but in the Taiji everything is always in motion, even if its very 'slow' motion.

lol im really weirded out today, i had my as$ compleately handed to me in push hands by a guy who must have been in his late 80's. He had alzimers and his hands shook contantly, still he is a master of Wu style Taiji and has practiced his whole life.
    He couldnt stand still without shaking yet he still managed to cream me into butter in push hands.
    The odd part was he was *really* strong and he wasnt really even trying, was just playing with me like a small child. Yet when i tried to apply force to this same frail old man it felt like trying to push a wave.

erg i so need more practice, still i guess i can always look back fondly at the time i got beaten up by an old man

hehe yeah FOF seemed like he had very good body connections and bridge sensitivity. He was also simply a very cool person to talk to and without a hint of ego.

Anyway im going to go and slowly practice my form, i watched that old wu style guy take an eternity to compleate a single movement but it was so perfect its got my mind a racing
    Hey jon. Yeah, we do train our stances a lot. In fact for the last few years we have focused pretty heavily on our stances.

FOF seemed pretty keen to get together with you again sometime. Top bloke though isn't he?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by red5angel
    I can't believe there is a thread called "I rule" about a guy wasting away his life on the interent, do you train Serpent, I mean anything other then you rtyping skewz?
    Actually red5, Serpent is pretty good at what he train from what I could tell. He is also a major smart arse which is probably why his post count is so high
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

Perhaps my smart ass gung outweighs my kung fu?

I have a new motto:

"Laugh Or I'll Kill You!"

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Originally posted by Serpent
    Perhaps my smart ass gung outweighs my kung fu?

I have a new motto:

"Laugh Or I'll Kill You!"

I dunno, your kung fu seemed pretty good to me . I must say that I enjoyed your quick wit though

Ah, well, I guess if one doesn't save me, maybe the other will!

Now, back to talking about...

What the hell were we talking about?!

Originally posted by Serpent
    Ah, well, I guess if one doesn't save me, maybe the other will!

Now, back to talking about...

What the hell were we talking about?!
    I can't remember

So, that kung fu.

That's some pretty cool stuff right there, huh?

lol i should mention, that old Wu style master i spoke of.
    He had 'tremors' not exactly Alzimers, infact i have no idea what he actualy had i just know his hands shook a lot.

Joedoe
    We used to do so much stance work in Hung Ga it drove me up the pole. If we where not standing still in stance we where drilling techniques in stance or performing forms which where all performed in low stance. I honestly think the training was really good for me but i never really learnt to just relax into it, it always felt like a trial.

I would certainly be interested in meeting up with FOF again and all of you guys if we can all orgainise another time which is good for all of us. Yes i definately agree FOF is a nice guy, sounds odd but he seems like one of those few people are who are comfortable enough in there own beliefs and skills so as to be able to discuss them without a hint of ego.

My new favorite joke...
    Dont put all your eggs in one basket they say...
    Who are they?
    Basket makers trying to shift units!
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

kung fu is so cool it makes me want to kick my mum in the head.
    Sadly i can never get to excited about kung fu fighting or else i run the risk of being choked out by Royce
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Originally posted by jon
    lol i should mention, that old Wu style master i spoke of.
    He had 'tremors' not exactly Alzimers, infact i have no idea what he actualy had i just know his hands shook a lot.

Joedoe
    We used to do so much stance work in Hung Ga it drove me up the pole. If we where not standing still in stance we where drilling techniques in stance or performing forms which where all performed in low stance. I honestly think the training was really good for me but i never really learnt to just relax into it, it always felt like a trial.

I would certainly be interested in meeting up with FOF again and all of you guys if we can all orgainise another time which is good for all of us. Yes i definately agree FOF is a nice guy, sounds odd but he seems like one of those few people are who are comfortable enough in there own beliefs and skills so as to be able to discuss them without a hint of ego.

My new favorite joke...
    Dont put all your eggs in one basket they say...
    Who are they?
    Basket makers trying to shift units!
    jon - yeah, it was hard at first but once I learned to relax into my stance it was easier. After a while you don't notice it.

To me, FOF is a good role model for young MAs - he is happy to just train, doesn't care about rank or how good he is. Just trains.

Love the joke BTW

This is my thread.

In my thread, Royce Gracie is not the vaunted superhero that others seem to see him as.

In my thread, the truth is king.

In my thread, Royce is a *****.

lol yeah i seemed to never understand the whole 'relax' concept while i was in Hung Ga.
    Im actualy keen to go back again when i get some time and get a bit of spit and polish on my old forms, ive also forgotten how to link a few parts up
    Still its funny now that i have spent all this time in the internals i can kind of understand more what my old sifu was trying to achive.

"To me, FOF is a good role model for young MAs - he is happy to just train, doesn't care about rank or how good he is. Just trains."
    * Amen to that

- Huang Kai Vun