Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Chi-Sao is NOT sparring.

Ernie:
    Great points about a "slow controlled progression" in terms of contact sparring drills coming closer and closer to spontaneous fighting.

KWJ:
    More great points about ALL the related issues to this thread, especially the importance and possibility of cross training with success, and using "geared-up" sparring to efficiently prepare for the streets - as you say - it's not rocket science.

Old Jong:
    Yes there are many ways to chi sao...but still no cigar coming without REAL contact sparring - in terms of one's overall preparedness for a street encounter.

KJ:
    I love tomatoes...and you're good-natured approach is indeed a welcome breath of fresh air...The very same net, however, used to say that there are gray areas should also catch the fish called "either chi sao/ or sparring"...and realizing its uselessness - throw it back into the sea - because as KWJ said: "No one gets hurt if trained smart"...so no need for people to get so bent out of shape about "geared-up" contact sparring.

EnterTheWhip:
    You don't want to mess with me...Then again, with you it's always hit, run, and hide anyway...

Yuanfen:
    Once again bores us with "The sparring syndrome is an extension of not understanding the richness of chi sao"....

No pal...chi sao - whether it be rolling and striking, coming from a distance, chi gerk, san sao, yadda, yadda...IS STILL JUST CHI SAO.
    And although it is your magic pill - it's still a placebo - because chi sao just doesn't cover enough bases..."The richness of it"...?
    Go put a few more dollars in the bank if you really really want to prepare for an encounter in todays world - otherwise don't go into town too often - because you're clearly not prepared for what you might find there these days...

Phil Redmond:
    Great stuff about needing to have heart - gained from sparring against someone REALLY trying to hit or kick you (as in geared-up contact sparring).

Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
    EnterTheWhip: You don't want to mess with me...Then again, with you it's always hit, run, and hide anyway...
    Victor, you are a joke in the world.

Wow. We've gone from discussion to insults. LOL

Victor, dont allow yourself to be trolled. Let those who live on fantasy mountain stay there.

KWJ:

Good advice - These chi sao discussion threads have already seen enough fantasy.

you haen't seen real chi sau until you have witnessed my blind folded floating chi sau ,

If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

6. Don't spar!

Show the world what a real he-man you are and pick fights on the streets! You guys are awesome, really. Everyone's blown away by you.

Hey AD,

That is not exactly what Snoopy said: "I Wuf you!" Be good!

Regards,

Originally posted by KenWingJitsu
    Wow. We've gone from discussion to insults. LOL

Victor, dont allow yourself to be trolled. Let those who live on fantasy mountain stay there.
    ...Who talked about some "pijama bunch" or something?...And,that fantasy mountain must be a joke...Eh?