Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday

Yesterday

Yesterday I shaved my head for the first time in my over three decades of this current incarnation. Looking in the mirror afterwards, I felt a terrible sinking feeling, like I was going crazy. It was quite depressing, later, every time I looked in the mirror I would start to laugh. They say that hair/appearance is intimately related to our sense of identity, that being the reason that in prison, the military, camps, etc... they shave your head. It will be interesting to see how others react. I'm told I have a well shaped head

On a related note, next weekend I am going to a primitive skills festival. I will be learning drum dancing, hunting for sustenance/setting primitive traps, communicating with plants, extending physical awareness (in the woods), and possibly constructing an atatl with darts or a blowgun, flintknapping, didgeridoo playing, constructing and using a medicine wheel, and wild medicinal plant recognition. One of the festival leaders has studied with Tom Brown Jr. quite a bit, anyone else here study with Tom Brown Jr before?

I always get that same reaction when I shave. I've had facial hair, in one way or another, since I was 19. The last time I shaved it all off my chin looked foreign to me, so I quickly grew a goatee, and haven't gone back since.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The rest I can understand.
    But would you please be so kind to elaborate on the "communicating with plants" part ? No disrespect here. I am just a little confused

So how bout them talkin plants?
    Go Surf!
    Train hard and work hard to gain mastery.
    Do not train and you gain nothing.
    Spread good karma!!! Because if you dont, you get hit by bad karma!!!
    Then you will step in dog crap!!!=)
    Karate's better!!!

Thumbs up

One word: Hemp

nah. just watching little shop of horrors too much.

feeeeeeeed me, seymour.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Woah! I've actually seen that movie!

B-film, but hella scary in a weird way

Nah, i know what nothingness is referring to , here, but only because i've read a few tom brown jr books.

He teaches from the point of view of a Native American, and it is PRIMITIVE skills, like 'drop off your clothes and look for everything you need' kind of stuff. I guess he helps you to identify plants and their qualities by 'asking' them. Don't know how that works, but I know he's been doing this 20+ years and none of his stuents have died

My head is shaving itself, i guess.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

i dont have a choice as im going bald at 23

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

how would you know? read it in a fortune-cookie or something?

Dezhen-

do not trouble yourself my brother. Firstly, thou already hast a woman, and thou shalt cleave to her, and it shall be good.

Secondly, I, although older, have experienced several cases of follicular AWOL myself. Having thoroughly, comprehensively, and dare I say triumphantly investigated the problem, I have come up with a solution. But firstly, I must say to thee, BEWARE, this area is a veritable minefield of quackery, thugs, pimps, snake oil salesmen, prostitutes, drug dealers, junkies, and pedestrians. That being said, however, heretofore, and thusly, I, myself, in my eminence. in my exalted selfhood, have come upon (with the lord's favor, I pray) a solution. Must I repeat myself? A solution, I say. Through the intervention of providence I, in my worthiness, have finally come upon something that is , not to put too fine a point on it, effective in our, shall we say, infertile seventh chakra. The solution can be found at www.bioscor.com Having heard from several acquaintances that this place is, while expensive, very effective, and having duly been informed that it was frequented by the late Leslie Cheung (RIP- and surely you draw no connection there, my friend?), I , in my considerable presence, deigned (sp?) to visit a visitation upon this establishment. After bestowing the honor of my gaze upon their before and after pictures, I was, shall we say, moved in my belief. Quesitons?

ummm... i was gonna type in "high style" as well but cant be bothered

- yup i got me a gal so

1) she likes my shaved head

so

2) not changing it but thanks

actually im pretty much used to it now anyway so no problems here, just have to wear a hat when it gets down towards 0C lol

dawood

also its pretty easy to doctor before/after pics, i could do it in around 5 mins in photoshop

so be careful but if it works for ya then more power to you!

dawood

Er...why do you want to run around nekkid with a bunch of men and talk to plants?

Just go fishing or something man. Seriously.

lol, very true

dawood