Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday

"why do you want to run around nekkid with a bunch of men and talk to plants? Just go fishing, man. Seriously."

1) Who said anything about a bunch of men? There's gonna be loads of girls there, that's part of the attraction.

2) Communicating with plants is just one of the workshops offered there that I may or may not take. Some of the one's I'm defintely planning on taking include hunting for sustenance (setting primitive traps for game), extending physical awareness in the woods, drum dancing (going into an altered state with drums), and possibly flint knapping for making arrowheads of even atatl (spear) and dart construction.

3) don't be so quick to make judgements. However, I would also really enjoy going fishing. Unfortunately, I was raised a city boy and don't know the first thing about it, or even if any of the fish here in Vancouver BC are edible (which I'm guessing is half the fun-the eating). I should and will look into it , though, for another time.

Dezhen- having investigated this field quite a bit, based on what I heard about this place and the impression I got there, I'm gonna give it a try. I'm aware that pictures can be faked but my instinct is that these guys are on the up and up. If you or anyone is interested I can report my results in a few months. The most I have to lose is some $ which I can always make more of.

Thumbs up

have fun at the camp and good luck with the hair company too

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

But still....you didn't answer my question. Why do you want to run around nekkid with a bunch of men and talk to plants? All that other stuff aside, you will still be nekkid, you will still be in the company of other nekkid men, and you will still be gossiping with the oaks.

Why?

Anything that would involve multiple naked men in company, would make me consider "what's the deal"?!

Red Ska Nite-

Look elsewhere in your search for conflict, negativity, anger....

I'm not buying any.

Thanks, Dezhen- funny to have you and a polar opposite personality on this thread- ying and yang, huh?

ive done a similar kinda camp before, but not the "nekkid" part. i done some survival training so had ot make traps etc as well as fishing and all that jazz. really good fun and gives u time to think about a lot of things

dawood

No I am not angry. I just think it is very, very odd. Don't worry about answering the question if you don't want.

Ive read books on it, and made the traps myself... Done a little just "backpacking" so to speak... Its fun.
    Good stuff to know too, never know when your lacross team's plane is going to go down in the alps.

Or whatever team where ever it was.

Talking

cmon now...nothingness didn't say a thing about running around with a bunch of nekkid guys... I was the one that said "the training is drop off your clothes and find what you need" kind of stuff.

All i meant by that is tom brown jr teaches you how to do that IF thats what you gotta do. no big deal. the camp hes going to probly wont be doin that.

and anyway, what, you never took a sauna and smoked up? get real. lots of africans, old jewish guys, and finns do it all day.

SD- no thats cannibalism. long pork, dude. was a soccer team, crashed in what? uruguay?
    Last edited by ZIM; 06-28-2003 at 05:53 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

I took the "drop your clothes" remark to mean he is gonna be nekkid. He also said one of the reasons he is going is because the woman will be doing it as well. I.E., there will also be a bunch of nekkid men. Talking to plants. Whole lotta nekkid natureboyness goin on. Maybe I am too narrowminded, but that is odd. Would you drop trou and tiptoe through the tulips?

Would you drop trou and tiptoe through the tulips?
    Every time i get the paper, man. But i got roses.

qiqong for tha sack, yo.

Anyhow like i was saying- tom brown jr does a lot of: tracking [he finds lost kids and stuff], herbalism, shelter & fire building, animal communication & hunting skillz [these translate to MAs easily], emergency medicine, native american spirituality [drumming and talking to plants].

The talking to plants thing is kind of common really, if the peyote-heads ive talked to are being honest [which i do not doubt]. almost universally, they meet 'the green man' and have a good talk.....
    Last edited by ZIM; 06-28-2003 at 06:49 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

the green man lol i never tried the stuff

dawood

That's good because it involves vomiting.

well then thank goodness

dawood

update

OK-

I leave tomorrow. I'm really excited. If anyone is interested, you can read about some of the workshops at www.firemaker.org

peace

myself and me