Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Iron wire.......Sum Chien

You know how people will type LOL to mean laugh out loud..but they really dont..well I just did for like a minute! Heheheheh..
    -Golden Arms-

Jesus Christ. I go away for 3 days and this thread goes wild!

Seriously, I don't understand why people are getting so personal about this. Huang, you must know that at least for the Aussies here your challenge is almost completely meaningless, and for the US citizens it is almost just as meaningless.

If you don't want to publicly tell what lineage you learned Sam Chien from then PM me.

ZIM: I have never seen any ill side effects of practising Sam Chien incorrectly in our art, but I have heard that in one of the Japanese lineages they have noticed a lot of their seniors experience high blood pressure (due to the tension) and often die quite young. And Dezhen is right - Sam Chien is actually a very famous form/concept amongst Fukkien-based arts.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the answers.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

challenge is meaningless anyway joedoe... an anonymous internet person typing on a forum... doesnt matter where ur from

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

True enuf - just look at Ralek.

However, an invitation to visit a school is still valid, and if I am ever in the vicinity of Phoenix Arizona I may stick my head in and say Hi to Huang
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

Its interesting to note that lineage is so important to many CMA. Questions like where does your sam chien come from is often an interesting point of debate. I too have often pondered about this. In SPM there is sam bo chien which I regard as a form of sam chien. In Hung Gar its a little different but also along the same lines, I regard tit sin as akin to sam chien. All forms of Fujien styles has it from tiger style, crane style, to dog style. Even Okinawan karate has it.

But talk about lineage to the current crop of MMA people they will just look at you puzzled and tell you to just get it on.

its interesting how different the sanchin in karate is to the 5 ancestors sam chien.

also fair enough to ask the lineage if someones going around speaking abut hung gar and sam chien from 5 ancestors like that.

dawood

Originally posted by dezhen2001
    its interesting how different the sanchin in karate is to the 5 ancestors sam chien.

also fair enough to ask the lineage if someones going around speaking abut hung gar and sam chien from 5 ancestors like that.

dawood
    I agree - I thought it was a fair question. I think that if someone is going to try to speak with authority on a subject, then they should be willing to give their credentials as well.

Atari, the point in this case is that we think Huang runs a complete McKwoon, having learned his stuff from books and videos and never staying with a real master long enought to learn much because he thinks he's better than they are. He even admitted to this at one point after a couple of months with a teacher.

So, in order to trry to unravel just a small part of this, we are trying to find out where his sum chien comes from as he describes it quite incorrectly by the standards of others here that have learned it from very reputable masters.

Yet he keeps ignoring the question completely, only furthering the assumption that it came froma book or a video. All of which makes Huang a fraud and charlatan. We know this to be the case - we're just trying to get him to admit it!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

serpent: nothing like laying your cards out on the table

dawood

Serpent, stop dancing around the issue and just say what you really mean

Hey, we all know this to be the case. Just so happens that I'm the one that says it out loud? Someone's gotta do it.

Even Huang knows the score - that's why he won't answer a straight question and instead continues to post ridiculous challenges that he knows no one will take up. Dayum, though, I wish someone was close enough to go and sort him out!

After all, Huang's the guy that said not to completely dismiss Ashida Kim's books because, although Kim has a bad rep, there's still some good stuff in his books!

So, Huang, once again, to prove that you have some credibility:

HUANG - WHERE AND FROM WHOM DID YOU LEARN YOUR SAM CHIEN?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

This must be one of those tense rigid MMA types which we should all aspire to be like...

www.subfighter.net/downloads...udoHL_200KB.wmv

This is thanks to Truewrestler on the main forum, its an *awesome* video of just what a *good* grappler can do.

Also puts HKV's tension grappling theory to shame

Edit:
    Direct link doesnt seem to work so here is a link to the thread on the main forum, click on the highlights video for the one i was shooting for.
    http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&pagenumber=1
    Last edited by jon; 07-17-2003 at 07:26 PM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

I learned my Sam Chien from a Japanese karate master who once trained a US Olympic Silver medalist judoka.

He was a 6th degree shotokan black belt who, to this date, was the toughest karateka and one of the greatest martial arts master I've ever seen. This man had fought serious fights in both Japan and the US - and had the TENSION to prove it.

As of this moment, we don't have any matches between jon and serpent and myself or my students set up. Those two weaklings and their weakling teachers would get their butts STOMPED by me or my students.

Nor has anybody from the Phoenix area who agrees with their spaghetti fu idiocy dared walk into my school on the corner of Warner and Dobson come to challenge me or our students. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND that they come and try our kung fu.

We need to really put this to the test. PM me to set it up.

then you mean sanchin

dawood