Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hidden weapons that can be used on the street?

TCell Guest
    Take one well knitted sock.
    Insert one can of coke (or soft drink of your choice).
    Bosh person around the head & run away.
    Remove can from sock drink & dispose of said 'blunt instrument'.

Works on so many levels...

grand master Guest
    knives are far too messy , a knuckle duster is by far the best discrete weapon you could hide it anywhere.

Wyvern_Beta Guest
    Well, there is always the 4D Mag-Lite. They are legal, fairly easy to carry, and are made of metal. I wonder if police officers use them on patrol?

totallyfrozen Guest
    I saw a mention of nunchaku. As far as I know these are illegal in most (if not all) U.S. States.
    Some states...mine included...have a system for aquiring a Conceal Carry Permit so that you can pack a handgun. You have to go through a class which teaches the laws concerning it..and you have to qualify on a gun range to prove that you can hit the broad side of the barn.

If the question is about the BEST concealed weapon that can be used in a streetfight, I don't think that I will get any argument that a gun is the best. However, it's brutal. And typically, people try to look for ways to avoid carrying one.

In my state, usually, if you use a weapon in a fight you are in a s**t load of trouble. You can get a permit to carry a gun..and would get in less trouble with the law for using that as opposed to, say, a ball bat. The reason is that you wouldn't have a permit to defend yourself with a bat, etc.
    Unless you are dealing with a real idiot...just the presence of a gun changes things and might discourage your attacker (without having to shoot). If your attacker is a young punk then he will probably be all full of **** and vinegar and think that he can beat you by pulling his own gun or whatever. In that situation, you are kinda screwed, I mean, what else can you do?..you'd have to shoot the poor kid.
    I understand everyone's desire to find something small but effective. Preferably non-lethal. There are alot of things out there...but even the "modified gloves", in my state, would be labeled "metal knuckles" and would then fall under the "deadly weapon" laws (I know, I just heard a case on this 2 weeks ago...Grand Jury Duty [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ). You would be charged with assult with a deadly weapon (here Felony Assault 1).
    I think that my point is...check with your state and city and find out what the law says. In my state/city, you would be better protected by the law if you carried a gun than if you carried a weapon that was "unusual" or "home made." You know? The "home made" weapons tend to imply "intent" to assault to the court. Were as, being licensed to carry a gun allows that you can be expected to carry a gun...since you are permitted to carry one...and doesn't show "intent" to do a future "bad act."
    Beside all that...it's going to come down to how stuck you are on wanting to be "traditional" with your martial arts or if you are just wanting to use practical self-defense to survive in a modern society.

Think about it, if you have a CCW permit, the cops aren't going to freak out on you like they will if you have a samuri sword in the back seat of your car. After all...what kind of a violent freak carries a sword to wack off people's heads, right? Well, you know what I mean.

There are a few options other than guns (thank God) but you should check carefully to find out what you can use. I'm certain that nunchaku, swords, 3-section staff, spears, darts, blow-guns, throwing stars, etc. Are going to be on the "no way, buster" list. At least outside of the walls of your home. Here you can used pretty much anything (except explosives) to protect your home INSIDE. On the street is a different story.

My unqualified (I'm not a lawyer) 2 cents.

totallyfrozen Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HappyPuppy:
    Um, Procker, how?
    Getting s m a c k e d by a rolled-up doesn't hurt very badly, niether does getting poked in the end by a rolled-up .
    [/quote]

No, but if you got wacked with one, you'd sure think twice before jumping up on the couch or ****ing on the carpet again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

totallyfrozen Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KungFu KR!zt0ffeR:
    Uhh, chop sticks? We ARE talking about the things chinese people eat with right? How the hell do you fight with that? And why would you carry that on you anyway? : )[/quote]
    I'd carry 3. If the first 2 didn't kill the guy, I'd save the last 1 for me. hahahahaha!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

totallyfrozen Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by procker:
    Why not chopsticks? Yeah, you probably won't be carrying around a spare set of them in the unlikely event that you go to a Chinese rest. and they are out of chopsticks, but...I think the jist of the conversation was what kind of weapons can you use in a pinch, on the street, that are hidden, and that are implicitly legal or otherwise not immediately recognizable by johnny law as illegal - that's why the camshaft sounds so great, if only a little messy. So, should you be in a chinese rest. and you get the sense that out in the parking lot, or down the street, or wherever, some sh!t might go down, before you leave you slip a set of chopsticks in your jacket, and 99 out of 100 times nothing happens and you chuck em when you get home. But the one time you do use them, you're garden variety thug won't ever see the chopsticks as you poke them in the eyes/ears/throat.
    [/quote]

I agree. Chopstick can be very deadly. I would expect the mugger to die laughing as soon as he saw you pull 'em out!
    Actually, I think they would be considered a "weapon of mass destruction" because the police officers would die laughing when they heard about it and so would everyone else in the court room.

I'm teasing you, of course. I'm all in favor of using anything you can get your hands on. Hell, why not take a doggie bag from the restaurant. You could slip it over the bad guy's head then he couldn't see you run away.

(gosh! I'm such an ass sometimes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

totallyfrozen Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Highlander:
    JKDVIGILANTE ...... Sometimes less is more. There are two parts to the argument that blunt is better than sharp.

The first part is the legality and degree of injury. Generally speaking blunt weapons are viewed as less lethal than sharp and may reduce the legal hassle after an encounter.

I'm not a lawyer or judge..but I've served in court quite a bit. As I understand it (in my state) the law doesn't descriminate against sharp or blunt. It has what it calls "deadly instruments" These include but are not limited to: firearms, knives, clubs, metal knuckles, and any other impliment which could be use to inflict serious bodily injury.

Also, with a sharp weapon the level of injury is usually severe and therefore limits your options to severely injure or not use at it all, whereas a blunt weapon may offer a greater range of options. (this is also why a gun is a poor choice of self defense weapon, even though it is effective, too many people are unwilling to use it when neccesary)

I disagree. combat is combat. Unfortunately, you might think you can "kinda cut" someone while you can't "kinda shoot" 'em. Well, actually, you can't kinda cut 'em either. Not according to the law.
    I would say, unless you are a physican who knows everything about the guy and can control what's going on, how are you going to be able to make sure you don't hit an artery. How do you know that he doesn't have a heart problem and a minimum blood loss will kill him? It's my opinion that not only are both blunt and sharp effective, but both should be considered.

Just as the sight of a gun is a very strong deterrent so is the sight of your own blood. If you are in a fight and cut the guy and make sure he sees it (use psychology on him...tell him to look at it). He might get scared, sick, discouraged, he might faint, whatever.
    Cut him and say, "hey! You're bleedin' bad now man...your dying!" It might help. My foster dad did that in a knife fight once as a kid. It worked in his fight. You can't do that with a blunt object.

The point of the article was that you can be cut very severely and not realize it.

Like I said before, MAKE him see it...tell him to look at it! Make him THINK about the pain of your attack..the blood...his life flowing out of him. It's a fight, right? Get mean!

Did someone mention a sword on a subway? I like it, that's my kind of thinking.

It is a cool idea...but to my knowledge it is illegal (in all states) to carry a sword.
    [/quote]

totallyfrozen Guest
    WOW JKDVIGILANTE!
    I thought I had a rough and violent up bringing! You certainly wear more stipes than I do.

I'm with you, brother.

This is the reason that I push my philosophy of TOTAL combat. If you have to do it, do it. All the way. Be ready to be willing to do whatever you have to do.
    There's just no way for someone to know how they will act "on the spot" until they've been tested.

I have been shot at a few times(but not hit)...but I have not been robbed at gun point like that. Holy S**t! That would be scary!

You're one tough soldier. My hat's off to you.

Thanks for defending the defensless instead of serving yourself and letting the world around you suffer.

Kristoffer Guest
    so my old topic is still alive eyh?
    Nice to see new guys still posting...

ok about weapons,,, well i think that EVERYTHING can be used as a weapon. I didnt think so but after reading whats been posted here and in other threads i am convinced of it. I really like weapons. My girl doesnt,, ahh well...

Black Jack Guest
    I have seen credit cards and solid pens used to good effect in training. You can poke, jab, slice, thrust, and even pinch with these very common items and if handled with skill and the tactic of surprise you can do a good amount of damage of the perp.