I didn't read much past the first page (got bored), but I like guns, own one, and would NOT like guns to be banned. It's my freedom to own a gun, and I wouldn't like it, if one of my freedom's were taken away. Each individual in the U.S. has the right to choose, wether a gun is for you, or not. If guns were banned, your freedom to choose wether a gun is for you or not, is taken away. It seems as if the government wants to take more and more of our freedoms away. The more they regulate our lives, the less freedom we have. Unforunately, the saying about women applies to the government. Can't live with one, can't live without one.

The original thought behind giving the people the right to bear arms, is, after the revolutionary war if the government had become corupt, the people could revolt. Had there been need of a revolt, more then likely they would have fought against soldiers. In order to fight them, they needed their guns.

Of course this probably wouldn't happen in our time, but if guns are taken away, it does leave us defenseless. I don't like the thought of being defenseless, hell thats one of the reasons I take martial arts.

The bottom line is, as with anything, guns have their uses, given the right situation.