Repulsive Monkey,

Originally posted by Repulsive Monkey
The whole gripe was a ironic response to the earlier what there isn't a Bruce Lee thread today. However there was inside it a bit of a genuine gripe. Im not all doom and gloom you know, quite the opposite.

By the way I do think in the interview his means of self expression did go to the limits of exposing who big his ego was too.

I just felt that what he was saying showed him up to be more of an actor than a martial artist to be honest. He seemed to make loads og generalisations, even though underneath it I'm plenty sure that he believed in what he was doing.

Plus he kept on saying "Man" and "Hey Baby" too much too. What a beatnick!!!!
This I can agree with wholeheartedly. I've long found Bruce Lee's manner a bit irritating. He's very overstated. And that manner bothers me.

But if your complaint is that he gets overidealized, don't make the opposite mistake.

I was always under the impression that Bruce Lee was meant to be an intelligent man??? Well I suppose I was kinda proved wrong.
I have no doubt he was intelligent. The fact that c0ckiness and absolutism annoy me are comments on presentation. Not attributes.

I think you're making a very valid point. But your first post was made with a lot of the same sort of know-it-all attitude that you're actually complaining about.

He was a guy. Some things about this guy, I admire. Other things annoy me. And that's life.

Stuart B.