Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Actually took place? Bruce Lee and the WC stance.

>>how many people know bil jee in this world and still suck, like that's spme great baarrier or acomplishment

"know"? to what degree?

>>he was clever enough to redesighn the dummy for his size and power .

oh may be he was just trying to share his out-of-the-box dummy set with YM, LOL!

that puzzles me more, Bruce managed to think out of the box, why going back to the old box...

sweet dreams anerlich, Ernie..... zz zz zz

between wing chun amd jkd

ok guys , a few, jkd people, always, make a big deal, on how bruce, told sifu ted wong not to do dummy chi sau, this is no big deal, what they fail to realise, is bruce lee , went thourgh the basic training, understood when to use, sensativatey and he could, use what he had when he wanted to , i have always said all bruce did was box againist gung fu people, use wing chun againist karate people and boxers or street fighters remember using no way as way in taught in high level of bill jee, bill used olny for emergancy becuase it teaches to go outside what normal you would do i think bruce lee was very smart in what he did for his time peace russell sherry
    russellsherry

I really really really like this new & improved politically incorrect Ernie.

lol.

Preach on brother. We gotta hook up soon.

wait i know bil gee , i can rule the world thank you for enlightening me

You know, there is a Chinese idiom, "With one good technique you can conquer the world." Compare that to Bruce Lee's training methods. And compare those to the current popular wisdom. With ten mediocre techniques, you can appear on cable television!
    Do not attempt to share your interest in martial arts with pedantic,
    narrow-minded scholars. As soon as they find out, they will quote from
    the classics and regale you with all kinds of irrelevant nonsense. This is
    infuriating.
    --Ch'ang Nai-chou

ken
    Preach on brother. We gotta hook up soon
    i might be open this sat. thinking of getting together with andrew again after my regular class . pm me

censored
    You know, there is a Chinese idiom, "With one good technique you can conquer the world." Compare that to Bruce Lee's training methods

in the end bruce was narrowing it down to ane eye jab and a groin kick , but that one good technique fortune cookie stuff , only fly's after you have been through a complete range of attribute developmwent and training experience , so you have developed the proper speed , timing ,distance , and so on to pull off that one good technique with any level of consistancy ,
    and bruce was dead on about that . leave the old sayings for those that lack honest work and honest assesment of there individual strengths and weaknesses
    no need to swim through all that cryptic dialogue , you work it test it and refine it , then you got it anything else should be left for the movies
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

My thanks to all your interesting posts. I like to draw your attention back to the original side question which Russell answered in part. It is what would you do if you have to fight against someone who is a skilled fighter? Would you stay still and wait for someone with Bruce Lee's skills and calibers to move in attacking, or would you move around to distract his aims? What is your strategy in each case?

Regards,
    Last edited by PaulH; 07-22-2003 at 10:45 AM.

skilled in which way and [ had to fight ] in which way

street /ring/ friendly match

all these things can also change in a instant , just be adaptable and aware

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

Okay, I just wish that there maybe such a thing as stonewall jackson in WC. You know like "be unmovable like a mountain". Do you remember any classic samurai duels in Kurosawa movies? The samurai waited and stroke his sword of doom to the charging foes, etc.

Regards,

to be that stable you need a active mind and experience in intercepting , or else your just a sitting duck , anyone with quicker initiation speed or better footwork will just pot shot you all day ,
    there is no one way or one greater attribute .
    true speed kills , but speed with out power and stability is lacking , power with out speed and timing will never reach the target .
    you need all atribiutes well balanced to have true adaptability or else your a lop sided fighter

I like your answer. I still think it has something to do with the mind training - that uncanny calmness and the unclouded ability to divine the his intention unerringly.

Regards,

mind and body unified
    you can have the gratist fighting mind in the world but if you body is broke down or out of shape then you just don't have the tools to allow your mind to express itself

Steven William Hawking
    could probably beat us all down in his mind but with no body to express , it is meaningless

sadly most people neglect the obvious

for paul h re bruce lee skill

dear paul if i was fighting someone a lot better than myself my idea would be go for broke, make sure you get that first punch in , at all costs as running would be good as well but try to get him to turn his back if he was stupid hit him as hard as possiable

regards russell sherry
    russellsherry

re fightig some better

dear paul , remember also what bruce lee said about this, if somebody is better at wing chun than you , he might not have the heart, when it counts i once , frought someone quite well known, in the street and this person, beat me but i did ok and i walked away, also this sifu did not know i was disabled .. but he would not have picked a fight with me if he had known it , but we were both defending our schools so i bear no grudes toward him, but the next encounter i had was with someone else well
    known he badmounthed his best friend as well as his teacher he knew i was disabled and took me far to easy and i was never so scared in my life when it happened but i one this fight becuse i knew he had no street expereince i regeat this fight the most but i was a wing chun wild child back then can you imagaine me getting into trouble like that peace russell sherry
    russellsherry

Dear Russell,

I enjoy your adventurous stories! Keep us informed on these interesting aussie stories! Good heart and good spirit in troubled time are the best things that a guy can ask for.

Regards,

for paul h

thanks for your complements paul, we al make mistkes when we

are young ad restless dont we peae russell sherry
    russellsherry