Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New question about fighting

J.L.BLACKSTONE Guest
    SOME PEOPLE DONT SPAR AS YOU DEVELOP BAD HABITS. YOU EITHER FOGHT FOR REAL OR YOU EVADE THE ISSUE. BUT PARADOXICALLY YOU CAN
    SPAR WITH A ATTACKER AS IT KEEPS YOU FLUID.
    LUKE

kungfukid Guest
    Kehr,
    Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.
    Your response is quite common. I get it all the time when I talk about it. you are absolutely right, this does seem like basic stuff. You do hear and read about how trained martial artists are supposed to have a heightened sense of awareness. But I'm here to tell ya, most of them aren't even aware of themselves. I've been in the MA's for 14 years and I just became aware of how unaware I was. I know people who have been in the MA's decades longer than I have and they look at me like I have some psychological disorder when i tell them that the fight in a state of sleep.
    So, on the one hand you're right. It is something that people who train in the ma's should develop. Unfortunately, a lot of them do not.

KFD

totallyfrozen Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shenden:
    Other times, it is to gain something bigger. For example, sometimes I let myself get hit (a glancing blow if I can help it), to let me get in to a better position/open up an enemies defences
    Just some thoughts. Anyone got any others?
    [/quote]

Wow! I'd say your either very brave or very foolish...one of the two. You either spar with weak people or you're made of concrete. You've got alot of guts intentionally taking a hit.
    I know guys who could knock me out cold if I took a hit. I'm not just talking about your good old boxing punch to the chin either. I'm talking about strikes to the abdomen, neck, head, ribs...all over!
    You guys must not use pressure point striking. Even without it...you could get knocked out by taking a hit, especially in the head.
    You've got some guts, bro!

Black Jack Guest
    Here is the mystical answer to your question about not getting hit in a fight...sparring...whatever.

Practice...Practice...Practice!

Though no matter how hard you practice it will never give you a perfect success rate as real fights are always changing range and motion so be ready to take a few now and then as their is no perfect solution to this question as each situation is different.

Just be aware and practice your fighting skills...not only your fighting skills but your attributes as well... endurance, speed, power, sensitivity, speed, balance, mobility, timing, coordination and agility.

Regards

mad taoist Guest
    I know this is irrelevant, but a friend of mine has done a qi excercise were his sifu punched him while his back was turned and he turned around and caught it or parried it... so this stuff does exist!

'If we do not go within, we go without'.

soy Guest
    I havent contact fought since junior high, but I'd say the reason I got hit then was because I was so enraged with anger that I didnt even think about blocking..