Thread: ATTN: Sifus, Sigungs, Teachers, Instructors...

ATTN: Sifus, Sigungs, Teachers, Instructors...

Why did you start teaching kung fu?
    What was it that made you decide you wanted to make the move from student to teacher?
    Was it for income? To better yourself? To maintain the ability to perform techniques? Preservation of the art?

My Sifu made the decision for me to carry on the art through teaching it (and of course my own personal practice)

GHD

For the last 7-8 years, I've wanted to be a kung fu instructor.

I've always liked the idea of running my own business and helping other people realize their potential. I figured that kung fu would be the best way for me to do that.

Though I'm of Chinese ancestry, I'm American all the way in my nationality and thought processes. I'm not a guy that goes for form over function, especially if the form gets in the way of function. That's why I've been slowly changing what I've learned to suit the circumstances in which I and my students live today.

Too many times I've joined schools and paid money only to be turned away by seniors or the teacher themselves because of their shortcomings. Hence I started my own school where the only thing that matters is whether or not a person is getting the most out of his training.

Running a kung fu business is the one thing I do that others can't stop me from doing.

CONGRATS HKV, that's maybe the FIRST time you've managed to avoid CAPS!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    So I could mercilessly pound people into the ground and have them pay me for it, of course. Is there any other reason?

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

My sifu has asked me if I wanted to teach my own school, but I really don't think I'm ready. I help him and sub in as needed, but I really don't have the time to make the kind of comitment a good sifu must make to his school. I'm just happy to find the time to train myself. Maybe someday I'll change my mind but right now I content being a student.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Originally posted by Oso
    So I could mercilessly pound people into the ground and have them pay me for it, of course. Is there any other reason?

\

Ok Oso. You've convinced me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Was it for income?
    LOL
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Exactly why I asked
    Ergh.. Trying to look busy, its hard with the smileys all over the page

Who knows, Im sure theres a few "sparky the dog's" out there teaching...
    Interesting, Thx for the responses.

, Im sure theres a few "sparky the dog's"
    A few?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Teacher asked.

strike!

Sorry. Should have said
    "A few?"

err...
    "A few"
    hehehe

My teacher came to me one night and said, "congradulations on your new rank from GM, by the way we have been asked to perform a demo for the Asian Festival. However its on the weekend that I and all of the senior students, escept you will be sking in Colorado, so If I were you I would find some students start teaching them and do the demo, whick is in 4 months,,have fun"
    At a boy Luther!!!!

Happened accidentally. One day I just found myself leading the class because I happened to be one of the more senior students there.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.