Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for all grappling instructors

Sure I will. Pheonix is not far from Reno, buddy.

..and I wont be there to fight you, or prove who is tuffer. Im sure after all your years you could handle me easily. Im just pointing out how much of a loud ass, all bark, mf'er you are. Thats all. You wont do anything. You'll just show me your school, maybe touch hands, talk a little, and be a nice person. I wont bring my sifu, I dont think he will enjoy the heat, and he rarely travels ****her then sacramento from here.

It doesn't matter that I'm virtually local to you.

Sure it does. I drive ****her to eat sometimes. Ill be the skinny white dude that makes smart ass comments. We've talked before, and your school as well as I think yuanfen's school are on my list of places to check out. You still wont do a thing, except the usual that all people do that have schools everywhere, except perhaps you have some kungfu and a loud keyboard.

bark!
    strike!

Well, I went to medical school for a while and even attended Juilliard as a musician.

What makes you intellectually qualified to call ME dumb, shaolin kungfu?

Tell us all so that we can appreciate the source from which your pithy statement arose.

Hey, that's cool yenhoi.

If you come, bring clothes that can get torn up a bit and wear closed toe sneakers. I'll invite you to try my class, hands on. It won't cost you a penny.

You can STILL feel the way you do afterwards, and you can even talk about it with my students.

When the time comes, PM me and I'll send you directions from wherever you're coming.

If I understand, you do Wing Chun. You can visit Master Loewenhagen's excellent "Meng's Martial Arts of AZ" too, which is virtually up the street from me.
    Last edited by HuangKaiVun; 07-30-2003 at 03:25 PM.

What makes you intellectually qualified to call ME dumb, shaolin kungfu?

I think its the way you pound randomness and all sorts of threats and challenges into your keyboard daily on some randomnass kungfu forum.

IMO.

strike!

You should see me in REAL LIFE, yenhoi.

You grow up as a Chinese male in this country, you will learn to issue threats and ACT on them.

I'm a lot more aggressive in real life, actually.

And before you call me dumb, remember that it's "PhOenix" and not "Phenix" or "Pheonix".
    Last edited by HuangKaiVun; 07-30-2003 at 03:33 PM.

I think its the way you pound randomness and all sorts of threats and challenges into your keyboard daily on some randomnass kungfu forum.
    Bingo. That, and the fact that you claim to know what posters would do in real life, going so far as to call them sexual predators. You have never met these people, so the only way you could know this is esp. To claim you can tell peoples real life actions from their online personas is, IMO, dumb.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Yenhoi, settle down. Huang's right. I wouldn't call him an arrogant ***** to his face. There'd be no need to since he wouldn't walk around calling everybody he met a sexual predator. Although in my experience, real tough guys keep their mouths shut, so he just might say that after all.

LOL at chasing me around... Hard to chase somebody who doesn't run. I represent myself honestly and SEEK OUT competition--never refused a match yet, win or lose. Videos and pictures of me laying it on the line (something cowards don't do--after all, they might lose) are available on the internet. Heck, soon I'll be posting a video of me losing because it was one hell of a match! (also not something cowards do). I'm more proud of that loss in total than I am in any of my wins that day.

I open myself up to criticism, critique, injury and losing about 60-100 times each year depending on my competition schedule. And I'm getting called a coward? Cute.

Need your school's address Huang. Won't be there any time soon but I'll get out to Phoenix eventually. Feel free to beat the **** out of me when I get there. Maybe I'll post it on the internet.

Alternately, you can come find me, if you're ever on the east coast. My whereabouts are pretty widely available.
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 07-31-2003 at 03:14 AM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

I didnt call you dumb, I called you a snob.

Your still a snob.

And before you call me dumb, remember that it's "PhOenix" and not "Phenix" or "Pheonix".

I dont think so.

strike!

Thumbs up

MP, can you PM me and give me some links to your matches?

Thanks.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

They're here, under videos. These are all quite old. At least two years. I like to think I'm much better now, LOL!!

http://www.apoweyn.net/martialarts/index.htm
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"I'm a lot more aggressive in real life, actually."

Excessively aggressive nature is blatant expression of the inability to cope with ones feelings, and to verbalize.

Not to troll... but....

Edit: I removed that comment(for those who may have read it). It was just too low. I have a conscience.

"You grow up as a Chinese male in this country, you will learn to issue threats and ACT on them. "

Im friends with a few "chinese males" in THIS country... They call themselves... "americans". Funny idea eh? Also....
    Issueing threats and acting on them in this country is what we would like to call "illegal".

WTF??? Someone issued a challenge to MERRYPRANKSTER...being a vietnamese male who grew up on the streets of baltimore...I was taught not to mess with someone alottttttttttttttttt bigger and more experienced in the grappling and striking arts...with the rep. of training with guys like LLOYD IRVIN and winning tourneys. **** those lessons in track and field came handy!
    A

I'm good, but hardly invincible. On the other hand, thanks for the vote of confidence.

I have family in Baltimore, but I'm half mexican.

This thread has gotten off subject. Can't we all just get along? We are supposed to talk about kicking "OTHER" pplz @sses, not fellow martial artists!!!!!

With pushing hands I slip away from female hands and push the boobies by accident, they don't mind I think lol, heck I don't do it on purpose, they shouldn't allow me to slip and push them there anyway =)
    If you know of any good Sanshou movies on the web, let me know through PM !

Yen, I just left Reno. Who do you study with?

MP, Im in NOVA (Actually work here live in WV), we will have to get together. I'm a FOG (F**k'n Old Guy) but love to work out.

(Also Army, but I'll still work out with you)