Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Arnold said something funny!

Tom Arnold said something funny!

Last night on Conan O'brien I heard that schmuck say that Jet Li was a real martial artist hahahahaha
    The stronger swordsman does not necessarily win, it is speed of hand. Speed of mind. -Count of Monte Cristo

actually he is.

Tom Arnold can be funny as hell if someone else does the wrting for him.

Its on comedy central again now!

I see...I thought Jet Li just did the new wusu

and Tom Arnold funny? Cmon, looks aren't everything...the only other funny thing about Arnold is that he married Rosanne.
    The stronger swordsman does not necessarily win, it is speed of hand. Speed of mind. -Count of Monte Cristo

I would like to see the context of that comment.

He has worked with Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell and other real fighters in movies and has always shown a lot of respect for their fighting abilities.

It is on comedy central now here...I think Conan asked him about actors he had worked with and basically he said Jet Li was the real deal whereas Segal is a washed up fat b@st@rd

He WAS married................... and stop Trolling...
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Anyone else find it odd that Tom Arnold, of all people, has starred in movies with both Steven Seagal and Jet Li?!
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

Sorry I forgot he was your hero

Anyone else find it odd that Tom Arnold, of all people, has starred in movies with both Steven Seagal and Jet Li?!
    Yes I do find it odd, though I haven't seen any of the movies...what I find even more peculiar is the fact that he himself hasn't tried to supplement his fine acting skills with some wusu training...most actors nowadays are also trying to sell themselves as really tough people like Cameron Diaz...some of them have actually become fine martial artisits i.e. Kris Kristoferson

Originally posted by ShifuBinks

Yes I do find it odd, though I haven't seen any of the movies...what I find even more peculiar is the fact that he himself hasn't tried to supplement his fine acting skills with some wusu training...most actors nowadays are also trying to sell themselves as really tough people like Cameron Diaz...some of them have actually become fine martial artisits i.e. Kris Kristoferson
    Kris Kristofferson? I didn't realize. What's his game?

Where is Eldersburg, by the way?

Stuart B.

Eldersburg is a suburb of Baltimore....Excellent!

I don't know what style Kristofferson uses, just remember him doing some fight scenes in Blades 1 & 2 but now my bro is telling me he just used guns...a better example might be Wesley Snipes or Jonathan Brandis (Sidekicks, Ladybugs, Neverending Story Part 2)

I should know that. Grew up in Severna Park myself.

Shifubinks, Jet Li is big into Bagua and Xingyi now, possibly some other internal arts. He is not only training those arts but as you pointed out he has also trained and competed in Wushu competitions. He is as martial as anyone else I know.

I don't know what style Kristofferson uses, just remember him doing some fight scenes in Blades 1 & 2 but now my bro is telling me he just used guns...a better example might be Wesley Snipes or Jonathan Brandis (Sidekicks, Ladybugs, Neverending Story Part 2)
    All of Kristofferson's fight scenes depended either heavily or entirely on firearms, because his character had a braced leg and thus limited mobility.

Kristofferson is a former Golden Gloves boxer, but I'm not aware of any other MA training he may have had.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I saw an interview with Wesley Snipes and he said he started in karate like when he was ten.

When his movie Blade came out, Snipes sponsored this silly Martial Art Legend award ceremony which was aired on TNT. It was really a bizzard show, Snipes tried to mereged hiphop and MA culture into one. I thought it was really weird. Anyways, Snipes's teacher promoted him to 3 rd degree black belt during the show. How legit all this is, I am not sure, but he does look he has real skills.

wm