A wrestler may be able to out grapple a martial artist and a boxer may be able to out punch a martial artist, but he can't defend against a simple low kick. That's a huge hole. Try walking, let alone fighting with a separated kneecap or a broken ankle.

The same goes for UFC fighters. What kind of reaction do you think a martial artist would get if he stepped into a ring and deliberatly shattered another fighters nuckles, destroyed one of his joints, struck for the eyes, or even kicked to the groin? Martial arts are designed to deal with actual situations involving people who want to do horrible things to you. Don't think that because a you don't see martial artists in NHB competions that they are chumps. Putting a martial artist in a ring, any ring, is about as realistic as asking me to do hirin sao with boxing gloves on. It's not a ligitmate test of the art or the artist.

Not that I mean any dissrespect to the Shamrocks or Gracies, those gus could kick my ass in a heartbeat [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]