Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why don't we have more female members?

I think there's more women in Tai Chi Chuan than in most other MA styles. At least in western countries.

lurker!

Thought I'd chime in as a female boardie.

I read from the forums a lot, but tend not to post very often, unless I have something valid to offer. like now. yea..... I'll generally hang with a thread of interest until they degenerate into unwinnable religious arguments or someone posts a picture of a prolapsed rectum.

but seriously...
    35-45% women in class seems unusually high to me. In my training history, I never had more than around 15% of my classmates be other women. The longer I trained the smaller that number got. In my current school I'm one of two women, and the other one, I'm afraid, is down for the count.

So you start with a smaller percentage of women, then you lose those who are unwilling or unable to hang with long-term training. Then the next to get through the filter have to be online, and computer savvy (aka charmingly geeky) enough to seek out and join in an internet forum full of very experienced and uh.. outspoken folks. The upside is, the ones that wind up here are usually knowledgeable and have some quality comments to toss in. (Becca, Euler, SA Mantis, Bates Motel and all the others I'm forgetting...)

face it, cool smart literate quasi-geeky kung fu chicks are few and far between.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Yeah, but there should be much more of them, am i right people?
    Thanks for ur support.

*gosh*, I just found out that a woman is on the notorious ORA, with the semi-naked girl pix and all that sh!t, I hope u'r not offended..

word on the street is that lately all the really interesting threads get moved here.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Nah, all the most interesting threads where already here..

"brink of death" is the best thread ever, along with all our contests, rap threads, etc..

Oso, I liked your post b4. I SHOULD know that this is not a center for freedom of speech. But when I get ticked off I get really ticked off. I have dealt with my short fuse all my life.(atleast it's usefull in fights) Looking back now I regret comming out so harsh on Kung Lek, I mean what the hell is it to be upset about really? A thread got moved? I should be above this kind of behaviour.

BUT.
    Anyone that offends alot of people and does not explain their actions, but at the same time preach of martial virtues, can go **** themself. This is my humble opinion.

I'm gonna leave all this crap behind now and never speak about it again (avoid atleast )..coz I'm sick of it!

Oh and welcome to The Other Related Art Ming Yue. This is a chillout place so have a seat, listen to some music and babble away.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Thumbs up Nice to have you here!

Ming Yue, have you checked out the thread called "Grappling Instruction" in the streetfighting/reality forum? It would be nice to get a woman's perspective on that subject.

Speaking of this crap I just read the 'explanaition' thread in main by KL. I'm not really sure what to make of it, I just know I don't care about the subject anymore.

Snacks anyone?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."