Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dog Style Kung Fu, BJJ and TKD guys, et all:Kicking from the ground!

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I just got shown a new one a couple of weeks ago that I like.

Can't remember the japanese for it but here's a try at a description:

from the standard judo grip move the right hand to grip his right lapel from the inside and as high up as you can

then you kind of step/jump with both feet drilling into the ground on the other side (his right side/your left) as you twist and look left as hard as possible.

the choke is almost immediately there.

pretty simple and I've pulled it of once in randori so far. I like's it.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I know what you're talking about - never knew the japanese name for it though. The choke is referred to as a clock choke.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Oooohhh.. I don't check the forum for a few days and people get into a discussion of my favorite range of combat. About a third to half of the stuff I do is in this area, it opens up all sorts of options for attack and the attacks can get more solid and effective. Too bad I can't actually be understood.. *sulk*Come hang out in Oregon sometime.
    "Freedom is the ability to move in any direction the mind can imagine" -Mestre No

That'd be Oregon, er USA right... is that even on the same planet...?!

Go oooon, share something with us Justice, pref something to do with a grapple including a kick from the ground... but anything will do.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Hmm..
    Retreating Martelo Enganhosa: Step back and collapse back onto the back leg. Slide the front leg to open up on the inside. When you land sitting on the heel, fall sideways onto the lead leg side with the elbow into the kidney, reach over with the opposite hand, and roll off the elbow as the pivot for a shin roundhouse, parking the kick next to the second hand. (From which point one can execute a heel thrust kick or stand up in elbow or head thrust)
    Which might be mildly risky if the kick misses, but it's not the only technique one can do either. It just happens to be the one I was doing today is all, so it springs to mind. We were working on a very hard to explain sequence that included it, though in this case it was done as a knee to the back of someone doing a particular leg takedown.
    "Freedom is the ability to move in any direction the mind can imagine" -Mestre No

i barely skimmed this so it may have already been mentioned.

hook one foot behind their ankle while kicking their knee with the other. not the most practical thing in the entire world, but after reading some of the other stuff i thought i might as well mention it.

there's lots of ground kicking in harimu tiger, but i believe that was actually out of juijitsu. and when i say lots of ground kicking in harimu i mean lots of side and back kicks from the ground. there might be more but that's all i have seen so far.
    where's my beer?

check this site for info and drawings of dog boxing

http://cclib.nsu.ru/projects/satbi/s...u/gouquan.html

i havent read all thread
    in fact i havent read shyt
    but ill just comment that the bjj guys do kick from the ground
    call it "pedalada"
    but that is, they dont really pratice that much
    its a kick for when theres a dude standing in front of you and you are on the ground, when he gets close, you kick
    but that is, i dont know if today its still teached like on every bjj place
    but its something the gracies used to to, yeah

but that is, they dont really pratice that much
    sport bjj does not practice it much, but in vale tudo and mma we practice it quite often for many different reasons.

attacking an opponent trying to appraoach from a distance while we're down.

attacking an opponent trying to back up.

to create space to stand up

to attack a guy in our guard (heel "spikes")

etc..
    Fairfax Jiu-Jitsu

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Capoeira & Mixed Martial Arts

yeah i know that
    i know a lot of things, ok

re

Generally it is not a good idea to be on the ground with someone standing over you.

If I would use any leg techniques/kicks they would be takedowns.