Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Northern Shaolin is the best style- hands down

HuangKaiVun Guest
    Well said, kfstudent.

I don't know a single person in real life other than myself who has embraced NS.

I've had occasional students, but none of them have had the talent and perserverance to stick with this demanding art.

kenpoman Guest
    Isn't the topic of this thread akin to asking what the best language is?
    Perhaps what the best color is?
    Maybe even a question about the best number?

Bastet Guest

7 is the best,

for a while i thought that 3 was the best, but after studying 7, i have come to the conclusion that it is definitely the best. Some might say that 3 came before 7 so it must be better, others will say that 7 is only a *******ised blend of 3 & 4. But i KNOW that 7 is the best (even though i havent had any experience with the other numbers) - although my friend can do some amazing things with 9.

blessed be,
    a.

Bastet Guest

7 is the best,

for a while i thought that 3 was the best, but after studying 7, i have come to the conclusion that it is definitely the best. Some might say that 3 came before 7 so it must be better, others will say that 7 is only a *******ised blend of 3 & 4. But i KNOW that 7 is the best (even though i havent had any experience with the other numbers) - although my friend can do some amazing things with 9.

blessed be,
    a.

Vankuen Guest

Northern Shaoling (or any system) being the best - "hands down"

One thing that really gets me sometimes is the narrow mindedness of many martial artists and gung fu men in particular. Being a lover of chinese martial arts, I find myself usually biased towards its techniques. However the main concern here is about oneself. The main factor in determining the overall usefullness of ones gung fu is oneself. Not the style. Every single style of gung fu once had a purpose, and at one point in time had proven itself to be effective, or else it wouldnt have survived this long to make it to this modern age. Bottom line, your skills get better because you make them better. It is only you that can do this, nothing or no one else can.

CannonFist Guest

Northern Shaolin is the best style- hands down

There is definitely some strong points in Northern Shaolin. One that I think is significant is the fact that Northern Shaolin is not a specialized art, they have long range, short range, grappling, all kinds of animal styles etc. However it is also this generalization that many Northern practitioners are not great fighters in a short time as compared to other more specialaized arts. However in the long term Norther Shaolin is an advantage because the practitioner has gone through all the methods and can specialized in the method that suits him/her. A more specialized art like WIng Chun may produce a great fighter in a short time with simple short range technqiues of chain punching, deflecting, and charging in but this is limiting when the wing chun guy wants to add versatility and include kicks. In summary, I think that Northern Shaolin provides a good overall foundation.

Chris McKinley Guest
    What about when your hands are up?

Kairo Guest

IM SICK OF THIS!

WHY DO PEOPLE NEVER CONSIDER THE HANDS IN A MEDIUM HEIGHT POSITION?
    YOU INCONSIDERATE MONSTERS!

joedoe Guest
    Serious reply:
    It is not the style, but the practitioner that makes a good fighter. After all, there are only so many ways you can kick/punch/lock/throw etc.

Frivolous reply:
    I much prefer the number 9. It has a much nicer look and feel to it, and if you are talking dollars I prefer 9 of them to, let's say 3.

And I definitely think the middle hands position is superior because it is symbolic of the yin/yang - balance. If your hands are too high, there is a yang imbalance (hence why you get robbed in this position). Too low and there is a yin imbalance (hence you get called a wanker). In the middle is perfect.

prana Guest

Hands in the middle

That is because hands in the middle depicts the infamous KF od the great Goktipus. Legend has it that his style has the minute subtlety derived from practising the Northern 5 star praying aunties. He then went on to train his middle finger to accomodate the balance with the index finger.

He now practices his martial arts whereby close combats involves the use of his two fingers amongts other things with a quick jerking motion in the middle section to reveal a white weapon so destructive, it will make you sick. This, all without hitting you.

This is the ultimate kung fu.

However I am sad to say, the art of Goktipus is fast diminishing. See thread here

Legend also states that Goktipus has the capability to expanding his combat numbers, just like Shiva with multiple arms. In fact, once the matter was so serious, Goktipus released a guard so big, he threatened to release the big guns, the northern style suited warriors.

I think it was witnessed somewhere that he released an almighty "Owwwowow this hurts" before abolishing an entire army of 10.

Absolutely amazing. long live the Goktipus Monster Northern Finger Puller.

Breathe till there is no breath...

prana Guest

I vote for 7

7 another more votes

Breathe till there is no breath...

Fish of Fury Guest
    yeah man, 7 rocks. anyone who says different doesn't know nothin'

Shaolin Temple Guest

talk to the one and only true expert...

Look for goktimus/ego maximus/bestallstyle/calmguru/5 star praying mantis/mercilessfighter...he is the best person to talk to. he is an expert in all styles especially northern.

Hey everybody, the @rsehole have started new threads in other discussions!!!

For those of you who are out there and are beginning to get annoyed with this arsehole...there's only so much a monk can tolerate...Amitabha...check Muhammed's reply in

http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/Open...028&m=71919378 21

http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/Open...8891902621&p=5

http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/Open...8891902621&p=6

and Goose's reply in:
    http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/Open...6199028&m=8891 902621&p=3

Which Shaolin is authentic. North or South.
    As Sifu would say...there is no permanence and there should not be any discrimination.
    The point is therefore, who cares.
    The more Shaolin there are, the better. Be civilized and chivalrous in your behaviour. As martial artists, we are supposed to not forget that we learn this art to help others and ourselves in times of need...not be a thug!!!
    Amitabha.