Thread: OT: Todays Darwin Award winner!

Talking OT: Todays Darwin Award winner!

Article

Earache Brazilian loses more than hearing

A Brazilian man who went to the doctor suffering from ear trouble ended up undergoing more radical treatment than he expected - when he underwent a vasectomy.

Valdemar Lopes de Moraes, 39, was suffering from muffled hearing, and thought his name had been called out in the waiting room at a clinic in the town of Montes Claros in south-eastern Minas Gerais state, Reuters news agency reported.

He promptly went into a consulting room - where a doctor was performing vasectomies.

The staff had really called out Aldemar, not Vlademar - but they say they gave the full name, Aldemar Aparecido Rodrigues, of the man who was scheduled for the snip.

"The strangest thing is that he asked no questions when the doctor started preparations in the area which had so little to do with his ear," said clinic manager, Vanessa Guimaraes.

Mr de Moraes, a local farmer, later told staff he thought his ear inflammation had reached as far as his testicles.

The father of two, who had the vasectomy last week, turned up at the same clinic on Wednesday for the ear examination he failed to get the first time - but made no request for a reversal of the operation.

Ms Guimaraes said: "A local newspaper said he is going to sue us, but he did not tell us about any claims."
    I think he qualifies by removing himself from the gene pool due to being stupid.
    Witty signature under construction.

Eh? I thought darwin awards were for people who killed themselves.
    Guess they lowered their standards...

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    Eh? I thought darwin awards were for people who killed themselves.
    Guess they lowered their standards...
    They got multiple categories:

Darwin Awards

Which makes all the more fun.
    Witty signature under construction.

Aaahhh... Runners up.
    hehe

Nah, Darwin awards have always included those who removed their ability to reproduce. It's just that that often occurs as a result of dying an absurd death.
    "Freedom is the ability to move in any direction the mind can imagine" -Mestre No

I like this one, and its not really OT...

(Late 1989s, Australia) A rather impressionable student of kung fu listened with rapt attention when his instructor dramatically informed the class, "Now that you have reached this level in your training, you can kill wild animals with your bare hands!"

The martial arts trainee took the statement as gospel, and headed to the Melbourne zoo to test his mettle with the wildest animal of all: the lion. In the dead of night, he slipped into the zoo, leapt into the lion enclosure, and engaged a suitable king of the jungle in combat.

He would probably have lost a one-on-one fight, but he never got to try. His naive fight plan didn't account for the enthusiasm of the lion's pride for a tender intruder; nor did it give sufficient weight to the possibility that his instructor didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

Zoo employees found his remains -- two arms and hands -- the following morning, with shreds of red fur grasped tightly in his fingers.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

the gene pool and our forum

Just by reading this forum, you all have the power to kill wild animals with your bare hands.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I think Gene is trying to off some of us... speaking of which, anyone into the NY mafia scene would appreciate this site..
    gang land news there are a few here that would go up for some darwinistic awards...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

A true darwinist (or darwinism) need not concern itself with the "improvement" of the gene pool."Social" interpretation is really a mis- of the science itself.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-