Hello all:

As a new tea drinker, I have really enjoyed making and drinking loose leaf teas! At work, I enjoy brewing a pot in my new kettle. The first day I was selfish and drank it all myself. But, the second day, I shared with my office friends. They are mostly coffee drinkers (I rarely drink coffee) and think of tea as a much milder substitute. They need the punch of coffee to get their day going. I prefer the relaxed nature of tea.

This weekend I treated my family to some tea. They enjoyed it after dinner and again before bed. They are used to Sanka and Lipton and were pleasantly surprised by the upgrade. (Well, my brother in law still preferred the ‘dirty water’.)

I sincerely appreciate the help of the forum members who post here and hope to assist others as I gain more experience! Thank you.

My question is; can you brew tea with alcohol? You know, add a bit of wine or rum? Is this appropriate to do? I am not looking to get drunk, only add to the relaxing nature of this ‘art’. Of course this would be an after hours tea.

Thanks in advance,
Godzilla