Thread: Footwork

Footwork

Quote AP:

Yep. What little aikido I've seen put a premium on footwork too. It's amazing how little stock I put in footwork before. And now, I'm convinced that it's what makes all other things workable (or unworkable if your footwork sucks). Where you're placed in relation to your opponent is a really large part of the game.

How does your 'style' address 'footwork?'

strike!

I do a long fist, it is a lot of footwork, the long stances help train moving into position for throws, just a lot of people don't realise this...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Thumbs up

''YES''
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Footwork is everything.

Wink

everything IS footwork
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

ever try the Filipino escala pattern?

jump rope, do forms, ya know
    Bless you

Escala pattern?

I've trained in the usual footwork patterns of FMA: Inside and outside triangles, mostly. And what our teachers (Doce Pares) called retrada (though I've seen retrada used to describe different things), sidestepping, etc.

Stuart B.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

The triangle footwork is brilliant!

Have had the opportunity to train this recently, and its just pure genious

Originally posted by chen zhen
    The triangle footwork is brilliant!

Have had the opportunity to train this recently, and its just pure genious
    I agree. It manages to address dissipating and snuffing a weapon's momentum, getting off the line of engagement, retreating, and advancing all in one system. Very well thought out. I was very impressed. Still am.

Stuart B.

It is especially great with a knife, where u zone out of the attacks line to the flank & stab the opp. in the ribs. That is the way I have gotten the most out of it.

Absolutely. Footwork is a lot more forgiving when you're talking about impact weapons (incl. fists, elbows, etc.). But when you start talking about bladed weapons, where any contact at all is dire, a good footwork system is paramount.