Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Attn: The Meecer and all you other wusses

we had A/C, but its a necessity in Texas...
    although it never went below 85.
    Sifu used to turn up the heat on the white belts too.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by Christopher M

with the price tag still attached.
    wow.....flashback....you ever look back at your days of old and just be like F was that all about!!?.

^^^'member the leather hats with the stealplates and those freagin polkadot hammer gear

Perhaps

I'm not saying this will change anyones oppinion. Here is one example of a good Shaolin Do practitioner. There are more, but this site also answers some of the recurring questions that caused this and other threads. Again I don't expect this to sway anybody one way or the other. I just wanted to show some of the positive things about Shaolin Do on this forum. Peace.

www.swshaolin.com
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

We didn't have A/C at the old school, we do have a swamp cooler at the new one.. makes it much easier...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Dude if my friend asks me if he should learn from Wade and Wade is a ******* then I will tell him but I'm not going to start a thread on hear entitled "Wade, the *******". How many martial arts instructors out there really are helping there students defend themselves? There is soooo much BS out there that I am not going to try to ruin someone's life so Billy Bob can't get his 9th degree black belt and feel good about himself...
    The stronger swordsman does not necessarily win, it is speed of hand. Speed of mind. -Count of Monte Cristo

Here is one example of a good Shaolin Do practitioner.
    Is there a vid or something?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Accurate Representation

There's no vids unfortunately. If you click on FAQs there's some interesting stuff. Also the bio on Master Schaefer is pretty impressive. Like I said I'm sure this will change nothing, but Master Schaefer is very respected, and has been acknowledged by some respected names in the CMA community. Browse and read, you'll see what I mean. I posted the link because I felt like Master Schaefer was a better representation of a SD practitioner than some of the sites with video that you guys have mentioned. Thanks for taking the time to look. Peace.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

There's a lot of stuff about that site that bugs me, especially things like this: "While there can be many 9th degrees (there were often ten in a temple), there can be only one 10th degree" and this "Actually the "Gi" uniform is much closer to the garments the Shaolin monks wore than any other uniform commercially available."

That being said, I'll reserve judgement.

EDIT---

And this: "In the common martial art school, the material is taught slowly and there are very few high-quality students as a result. The Shaolin-Do program provides modern day, exciting training but still retains the deep knowledge and true spirit of traditional Shaolin principals."
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 08-27-2003 at 01:08 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Yeah, Ive met master schaeffer on a number of occasions. Good guy. Very fluid movements.
    dunno why theres no vids of him out there...

Respect To MK

Master Killer I've got to say that while we may have extremely different views concerning Shaolin Do, you've always expressed your disagreement with respect and class. Northern Prac. that goes for you too. There's some others who have been mutually respectful even when we have disagreed. I'm senile, and can't remember their names right now, but they know who they are. To that I just wanted to take a moment to say, thanks. It's nice to know that for every troll there's somebody with class. Peace good people. It's time for me to get ready for class.

www.bentmonk.com

Master Killer I've got to say that while we may have extremely different views concerning Shaolin Do, you've always expressed your disagreement with respect and class.
    Whew, you must be new here.

Actually, I'm trying to compose myself better. It helps that you guys have some quality representation here.

My issues with Shaolin-Do are not related to the style and it's effectiveness so much as the styles' relationship to the temple and the somewhat inaccurate history that is being propagated.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 08-27-2003 at 01:22 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

*cough*

So it turns out that there are two Shaolin do schools in the vicinity. And I had never heard of them before.

Wouldn't mind going to watch a class or two.

Stuart B.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

"While there can be many 9th degrees (there were often ten in a temple), there can be only one 10th degree" and this "Actually the "Gi" uniform is much closer to the garments the Shaolin monks wore than any other uniform commercially available."
    Yes, that bothers me too, sense the whole blackbelt degree system is defenitely not a Chinese invention. And what happened to the old story of why they used the gi's? You know, to fool the Japanese? The explanation of it being closer to what the monks wear is an pretty weak argument. It sounds more like someone didn't know and made up something to fit.