Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Body Conditioning

You can have the eraser end.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

That's cool! What is it exactly - not familiar with the names. Is it from Cthulu?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

body conditioning...

6 mornings a week:

Hit a iron shot filled bag with my palm 12 times on each hand.

Some 8 posture tension set. (There is probably more postures I havent learned yet.)

About an hour of working out with medicine ball. This includes lots of situps and lunges and pushups and leg stuff and having it dropped on me sometimes. Its cool to chase and carry around and run with and al sorts of cool stuff. Medicine ball.

Stance training?

And generally hitting myself against things, pads, mitts, people, trees.

strike!

I'm usually in the gym 5 days a week, twice a day when possible. I'm usually in class about 13 hours per week.
    Dude you're scary. In a good way.

As far as resistance to hits goes, we have some internal exercises (that I haven't been shown yet because I haven't been around long enough - not long now though) and application drills that tend to condition the forearms and other areas.

I'm sue there's more, but most of the good stuff comes down from the main man, and that can take a while I think.

Originally posted by Serpent
    And I've got two instructors certificates from Paul Vunak and they're both valid.
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

That's cool! What is it exactly - not familiar with the names. Is it from Cthulu?
    Bal-Sagoth is a fantasy-metal (I guess) band. Their whole thing is telling a fantasty story through the medium of metal, although they use a lot of orchestra strings as well. Their songs are composed, like how you would write music for an orchestra. Some of their stuff is really awesome, and others are kinda crappy. Some of their songs have rediculously long names, but the one I quoted, "Return to the Praesidium of Ys" is a good starting place. The ending is especially cool, and has an awesome ending, starting with the Crescendo at 5:00 into the song. It's just a cool song. It might take some time to get used to his partial narration, or "talking" instead of singing sometimes, but it's very cool.

Return with me beyond the stars...
    Rule with me a thousand worlds...
    The galactic nexus has enpowered me
    and, as a god, I shall return to the Praesidium of Ys

If you can't find it to download maybe I could transfer it to you on Aim or something.

IronFist
    Last edited by IronFist; 09-11-2003 at 10:24 AM.

Here's another cool speech from a song called THE DARK LIEGE OF CHAOS IS UNLEASHED AT THE ENSORCELLED SHRINE OF A'ZURA-KAI (The Splendour of a Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath the Blazon of the Hyperborean Empire Part II)

(^ I told you they had long names)

Hearken, sons of the glorious Empire...
    Here we stand upon the Field of Blood...
    Though this day we may die,
    Our legend shall live forever.

IronFist

IF: If you like Bal Sagoth, you should definitely check out Rhapsody.

As for the actual question -

On Mondays and Thursdays, I go to the gym, warm up, and work upper body with bench presses (8 sets of 3, plyometrically, with 50% of my max on Mondays, and sets of 3-5 going down to singles of 1RM on Thursdays) skull-crushers (5 sets of 12 on Mondays, 3 sets of 5 on Thursdays), Arnold Presses (4 sets of 12 Mondays, 4 sets of 8 Thursdays) and Lat Pulldowns (4 sets of 15 Mon, 4 sets of 12 Thurs). Tuesdays and Fridays I take a Boxing class and a submission wrestling class (boxing first on Tuesdays, grappling first on Fridays). We do a lot of ab conditioning (dropping medicine balls, taking series of jabs to the midsection) in boxing class, and I'm often the takedown dummy in wrestling. Wednesdays and Saturdays, I go to the gym and work lower body; Wednesdays I do 8 sets of 2 plyometrically on box squats and 8 sets of 1 plyometrically on deadlifts. Saturdays I work to a max on either deadlifts, good mornings, or box squats. After that I do stiff-legged deadlifts (5 sets of 5 on Wednesday, 5 sets of 3 on Sat), weighted crunches (as many sets of 12 as I can do on Wed, as many sets of 8 as I can do on Sat), and hamstring curls (3 sets of 8, 3 sets of 5). After weights on Wednesdays and Saturdays I go home and do cardio; bag work, hindu squats and pushups, and takedown drills and spinning.

Sundays are my day of rest. Except for mowing the lawn. **** grass..
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

IronFist - I don't use AIM, thanks anyway. I'll look some of it up - sounds like very interetsing stuff. Cheers.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

is that it?

no really.

How many hours total is everyone putting in?

Including class time, practice, resistance training, cardio, etc., etc. I think I probably total somewhere between 20 to 30 hours a week depending on how busy/lazy I am.

Question

IS THAT IT?

NO REALLY....

HOW MANY HOURS TOTAL IS EVERYONE PUTTING IN ON AN AVERAGE DAY?
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 09-11-2003 at 06:56 PM.

4-5

strike!

IronFist - I don't use AIM, thanks anyway. I'll look some of it up - sounds like very interetsing stuff. Cheers.
    Download it, lazy

My PC is a bit rooted at the mo, so I'm not putting anything new on. Should be getting a new PC soon though. Woohoo!