Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Capoeira gains the respect of a thai boxer

Capoeira gains the respect of a thai boxer

a buddy of mine recently went to san diego and while he was there, trained with some capoeira guys. My friend was a state champ high school wrestler, wrestled some in college, has a black belt in tkd and several years of muay thai. He said that the capoeira guys had simply awesome sweeps and takedown tactics that came from various angles and left him with a few bruises. Of course, he left some of his own, but still he left with a new respect for the art. He said to me "If that's a brazilian dance, I never want to go to brazil!"
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Actually, the guy I was rolling with when I broke my foot was a capoerista.. and a boxer, and high school wrestler. Shot doubles and singles, but did it from a capoera stance. It's really irritating trying to get underhooks on someone bobbing and swaying back and forth like that.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Thumbs up

Talking

A front kick should stop those cartwheeling maniacs
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Actually, it's not Brazilian dance, and you do want to go to Brazil.

mostly because of the ho-factor.

Capoiera was African slave's way to fight when chained...... right
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

poor slaves..
    getting beat up all the time for using that useless sh!t.

i found this pretty sweet link featuring some capoeira basics and demos. its all in portugues, but check out the clips under "Golpe básico". they got some cool aerial kicks in there. gots to try that out.
    “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible and suddenly, you are doing the impossible”

St. Francis of Assisi

forgot to post the link
    here ya go: http://capoeira.room.ne.jp/eigo/index00.htm
    “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible and suddenly, you are doing the impossible”

St. Francis of Assisi

sweet

Only the Strong was an awesome movie

Thumbs up

so so

I've got some vids of some takedowns done by capoeiristas... there's alot more to it then the flash that you see on tv.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Chen Zhen: you know...im allways at your service if you would like a taste of the useless sjit i waste my time with;o)

I also have practised a bit with thaiboxers...its a two way learning experience i can tell you

Sevenstar: Do you have some links to those movies=?