Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8th Hung Fa Yi Public Workshop, AZ

A great oppertunity!

I really would like to go but I will not be able to attend this siminar. however I will there in spirit and offer my complete support! I will guarentee that it will an enlightening experience for all that can make it. I hope those that
    have questions about HFY will be able to attend one of the up comming events to get answers and take part in the sharing of HFY's wisdoms offered through it's practice. I think we all can agree that there is no teacher like experience. So that being said we must keep in mind that there is really only a few appropriate responses to the original post and the future announcements of such events. Those responses would be
    1. I will be there! etc...
    2. I would like to make but I cannot make it etc...
    3. I don't want to know more etc...

If your answer is #3. or in that same theme we understand. But then I have to ask Why did you view this thread in the first place? and what are your intentions? What do you wish to acoomplish by your post? As with anything some people cannot see the value of HFY and some people view the training of HFY as a great oppertunity to see a real treasure of Shaolin. Some are interested it just finding out exactly what HFY is or isn't. We all understand this so please don't waste others time with attacks and insults and half witted judgements based on who showed up here or there and who didn't etc...

it is a simple case of "this and that" "THIS" is a great oppertunity for HFY training being offered to the public! I hope many can make it and will enjoy the oppertunity being offered. Anything out side of "this" well you know is just "that" and has nothing to do with "this" announcement. So if you could take "that" else where it would be for the sake of all of us. ROFLOL! Maybe now I sound as far out there as some of the "HFY haters" on this forum.

I honestly would like to see some of the "haters" realize that HFY is not a threat to them. HFY just is! and no matter how much they attack. HFY will still be here as strong and as deep as true as ever! The more others become edjucated on what is HFY. weather others agree with HFY knowlege or not it will be clear how rediculous the less informed attackers seem. I can only tell you gents don't fear what you do not know. Find out more about it then debate on those particular points if you don't agree. So until you actually find out. you will just "Haters" and like all "Hater" you remain to be the least informed while feeling threatened. You know Suffering!

Chango

For the younger ladies and gents of the forum.

Keep in mind one should not hate when one can participate!
    Last edited by Chango; 09-24-2003 at 12:28 AM.

"What the hell!!!! Who the **** are you to say that to me!!!!!"

Whao there young bison. Settle down. Take a deep breath. I wasn't talking about you, only your post.

Who am I to say what I say? Who are you to say the things you say? Same thing: posters on a message board. No more, no less.

"I said some people! did i mention any lineages?"

Did I say you did?

"I just said SOME schools will take it the wrong way!!!"

And I AGREED with you. And I commented on how unfortunate that was.

"Did i say YM, HFY, YKS, ect......... NO!!! NO lineages!!!"

I noticed that. Did you notice me noticing?

"I was saying some WC guys out there (becuase WC is a fighting art) would take it as a challenge. Especially if you were in a different linage."

And again, I AGREED with you. (Though it has nothing to do with WCK being a fighting art, but more to do with ego and appearance).

"See, You don't even know me Rene so stop thinking your the Sh!t on WC becuase your not!!!"

And you don't know me.

"I don't get ****ed really easily..... But whatever.... I'll remember your comments in the future... see ya around"

Whatever dude. You decided to read my post completely wrong, then become upset and attack me personally. That has nothing to do with me. So chill, and maybe go figure out why.

!

<<"What the hell!!!! Who the **** are you to say that to me!!!!!">>Train

A religious person is one who is trying to live his life the best, the most total way he can; in the most alert way that he can, he is trying. And he is not interfering with anybody's life, not even by having an opinion.

In WCK, we have a "SNT". In Tao, the way that can be told of it is not an unvarying way.

Thank you for all the welcome words of wisdom Roger, KJ, Chango and others. Looking forward to an excellent seminar.

Again, for anyone needing assistance with any portion of their logistics during their duration in town for the seminar please contact the Az kwoon asap.

Date & Location:
    Meng's Martial Arts of Arizona
    3029 N. Alma School Rd. Suite 218
    Chandler, AZ 85224

Saturday, 11 October 2003 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
    Sunday, 12 October 2003 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM

$100 for Members and $150 for Non-Members
    (prior to)
    $125 for Members and $180 for Non-Members
    (at the door)

For more information contact:
    Meng's Martial Arts of Arizona
    3029 N. Alma School Rd. Suite 218
    Chandler, AZ 85224
    (480) 820-2428 – phone
    (480) 820-0222 – fax
    www.mengsofaz.com
    sifu@mengsofaz.com
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

World Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kung Fu Association
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Thumbs up Info added!!!

Originally posted by akalish
    Savi,

It may be worth adding that the Workshop will be presented by Sifu Gee. Since it seems that so many people have so many questions about Hung Fa Yi, this represents a great chance to get information directly from him.

I am looking forward to seeing you all out there in sunny Chandler (my plane ticket is all set!). Especially since Rochester in The Fall/Winter months is best when viewed from AZ (maybe that is just my age talking...) Best wishes until then.

ajk
    Many a thanks, Sisuk Kalish! I should have noticed that I did not mention Master Gee in the original post, I am so embarassed for not seeing that... I look with great enthusiasm towards this coming seminar. I believe this will be the first ever seminar focusing on HFY's Chan roots and methods, and quite possibly we will learn how these methods reinforce the passing of the system too! Further clarifications and deeper training into this (HFY) unique perspective of seeing all things through Time, Space and Energy will also be sought after for sure.

This past weekend's seminar at MengsofAZ with Master Meng proved to be quite an eye opener for many regarding Chan as well as covering our SNT/SLT curriculum - two years worth of training in two days... to be certain we got a mere taste of master/disciple-level training! Bruises and all... tough stuff...

Also, I would like to note that there will be a banquet during the weekend of the seminar as well as a book signing session for those who would like all 3 authors' autographs on their copy of the book. Truly this will be quite a treat as Master Gee, Master Meng and Master Loewenhagen will be present for this historical event. As I understand, many people from the SF headquarters, the VTM headquarters and members from its branches will be in attendance as well. The students of Meng's Martial Arts of Arizona will definitely accomodate as many people as possible.

Sincerely,
    -Savi.
    Last edited by Savi; 09-24-2003 at 05:04 PM.

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Question...

If I may ask, will anyone from this forum be attending the seminar, or visiting the Phoenix area during that weekend? It would be a great opportunity to meet you as well as you meeting Grandmaster Gee, Master Meng, and my sifu if you never have before.

"Obey the natural laws and principles of the universe." ~ Grandmaster Garrett Gee

"Education which stops with efficiency may prove the greatest menace to society... We must remember intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Reviews

I was just thinking that since this thread sort of started off with a testimonial from Mr. Mckinnon (which was appreciated), I thought I would add a link here from the VTM website to the other testimonials in hopes of offering a broader perspective of the attendees:

http://home.vtmuseum.org/timeline/20...01-03_2002.php

This was from the 6th annual HFY workshop back in Nov, 2002.

Thanks for the link Savi much appreciated.

I like this one...

<<I had never understood Kiu Sau but I didn't really see the point. I always thought that if I was ever in a confrontation I could go straight into Chi Sau. Now, I understand the need for Chi Sau, if at all comes from Kiu Sau. You can go straight into Saan Da if you know Kiu Sau; Chi Sau doesn't always connect to Saan Da. Chi Sau for me now is a back up tool, you can use it to get back on track. Now I have a better understanding of training methodology.>> - Mike Davis

Exclamation The first international seminar of 2003

Now is also the time to plan to join Grand Master Gee for the 9th Public seminar and workshop. This 3 day event will take place at the end of October 2003 and is sure to be another in a long line of detailed informative and educational Hung Fa Yi functions. All those interested in participating in this event are encourage to contact the Hung Fa Yi Headquarters directly for more detailed information. This event will enjoy the same care and nurturing giving to all other events in which Grand Master Gee is a participant but will also have the added bonus of taking place in beautiful Brazil, South America. An estimated 40 local wck practitioners will be on hand for this first international HFY event and there is still room for those people interested in traveling and experiencing HFY in an international setting.
    Tony Jacobs

ng doh luk mun fa kin kwan

"...Therefore the truly great man dwells on what is real
    and not what is on the surface,
    On the fruit and not the flower.
    Therefore accept the one and reject the other. "

Southern Shaolin Kung Fu Global Discussion Forum

Best wishes for a great seminar, and hopefully everyone who attends will not only have fun with the gung-fu, but will get to enjoy Gee sifu's and each other's company, trading stories, exchanging culture, and making friends.

Thumbs up Re: The first international seminar of 2003

Originally posted by canglong
    Now is also the time to plan to join Grand Master Gee for the 9th Public seminar and workshop. This 3 day event will take place at the end of October 2003 and is sure to be another in a long line of detailed informative and educational Hung Fa Yi functions.... This event will enjoy the same care and nurturing giving to all other events in which Grand Master Gee is a participant but will also have the added bonus of taking place in beautiful Brazil, South America.
    Rio eh? Ah, beaches... Sigung told me about attending this awesome opportunity when he was here in AZ, but my duties at the kwoon leave little room for travel. Hoepfully there will be many photos taken to share in the event! I'd bet on someone posting the pics in our forum's photo gallery.

I have a couple of Brazilian friends at work and get to enjoy their pictures whenever they come back. Always spectacular. Just bewary of the thong beauties, as their boyfriends inevitably have pit bulls trained in zhu zhitsoo