Thread: gangstories ends

gangstories ends

"What people call "street sense" is really the philosophy of criminal enterprise in general. It's really very basic. Fingers summed it one time like this: "The world is simple. Simple causes and simple consequences."

It took a long time for that to soak in. But he's right. When a place gets robbed, it's an employee with the most knowledge of the place. When someone gets shot, it's a payback. When you get a bad vibe, something will go down. Good criminals treat instincts like perfect certainties. Intellectualization tends to paralyze, and makes people scared or hesitant -- both of which can get them killed or jailed. "

It'd been awhile since I went there, so it came as a let down to see
    gangstories has ceased updating. Still, its a good page if you've an eye for streetlife...take a look before its gone.

just cuz GDA is gone doesnt mean he wouldnt like this
    Last edited by ZIM; 10-06-2003 at 12:47 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Thumbs up

Good assertion. I feel that its true the more that you know the more you learn to fear. Also you learn to respect... And think before you act. (hopefully)
    Thanks for the link.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Thumbs up

I'll have a look
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I forgot this entry

"Size ain't ****" was a cliche in my old neighborhood. The idea was that physical size doesn't determine toughness. Ability to shut off fear does. And the best ones at this were always the little guys.

This is counterintuitive. And it's the opposite of "tough-guy" movies where meatheads like Vin Diesel beat up an entire bar, one idiot at a time. This is exactly backwards. In my neighborhood, small guys were the ones to watch out for. They're the ones forced to scrap to survive. And after a while, they get good at it.

When most people talk about someone "being able to fight," they usually mean technique, like boxing or kung-fu. But in actual fist fights, that stuff is mostly beside the point. Fighting is maybe 10% technique. Another 10% is maybe strategy -- getting in the first punch or bringing a roll of quarters for your fist. But the other 80% is heart. What matters is not having anything to lose, not caring about the black eyes tomorrow or the blood on your new shirt or the next day in a dentist's chair getting your teeth fixed. We used to call it "craziness." Fighting is not size, or technique. It's craziness
    All the biggest guys I knew were useless in fights. The problem is they're never challenged, and never learn anything but intimidation. It's funny to watch those rare times when big guys get confronted, and have somebody call their bluff. They always try to settle things down, try to avoid going to blows, do a little pushing and shoving. But you can see it in the eyes, how they're scared to death.
    ---------------------
    comments? Read the rest of it- its quite good- about halfway down

its this part: "Funny how you never see a small guy try to calm things down. He knows he can't do it. Being the perennial underdog, he either fights or gets disrespected and beat. " that gets me..

..see, we're always told in CMAs to stay calm and not fight, to back down- but heres another truth...
    Last edited by ZIM; 10-06-2003 at 01:54 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Theres some crazy little mofo's, thats fo-certainly.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

Thumbs up

I liked the part of that Samoan gang broke in, ****ed some ppl up then stole their guns Made me laugh...
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."