Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My hands are registered as a DEADLY WEAPON!!!!

My hands are registered as a DEADLY WEAPON!!!!

I started a new job today, and the guy training me was telling me he can't get into a fight without being arrested because he's a 4th degree Black Belt, and his hands are registered as deadly weapons. He says it's the law that anyone 2nd degree Black or higher in Karate must register with the government (forgot which branch he said).

My question is this, is this true in Chicago or Ill in general?? How about other places? If he's NOT Bsing, is this a mandatory thing, or just volntary?

For me, It does not affect me either way, as I do Kung Fu, not Karate, and I have no rank anyway. I'm just curious, that's all.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

royal dragon, that person has shot at the barn of the correct with a shotgun and missed entirely. problem is, YOU were hit instead of the barn.

http://www.urbanlegends.com/faq2k/legal_2007.html
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

The sad thing is........
    It was birdshot.

Didn't just miss the barn... he didn't hit anything on the farm.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

you guys need to listen to NP, now

most of the times he knows what he's talking about

you'd never catch NP with birdshot, he's got the gat with the 9mm's in it

Have you ever tried any psychotherapy to clear up your issues? ~ cerebus

I had a fealing you'd be coming through here... ~ Northern Practitioner

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Crazy Mad Drunk. You do indeed come across as mentally ill and chemically messed up. Congratulations on your well-chosen name. ~ Chang Style Novice

Did I mention that I was a national San Shou champoin? ~ Liokault

OK, I tried to make this point, but he INSISTS that he paid a fee, and his instructor made him fill out the paperwork to do it. He even attempted to describe the building, and it's location where the paperwork was "Filed".

I pressed further, and discovered his Teacher handled all the paperwork for him. He says that in the past he got into a fight, it was self defence, and he was arrested on the spot because his "Black Belt" rank came up on the police computer. He also told me that "By LAW" he must announce that he is a 4 th degree Black Belt to anyone who is actively trying to fight him. He was VERY serious about his, and seems quite convinced of it.

He has a card stateing he is a licensed Priviate detective as well, and claimed much of what he had to do for his Black Belt registration was also covered under his PI license.

I haven't mentioned I know anything yet, I've been playing ignorant (although some here may say I wasn't playing).

I'm thinking of challenging him just to see what he's made of.

Any thoughts??
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Oh, one more thing, he told me he had to go to Thiland to get his 3-4 degree ranking. It could not be done here in the US.

I'm not really sure what to make of this guy, but my Bull****'O meter is going off bigtime!

For the Women:

+ = & a

Cool

~ One of the most pathetic urban legends to date that one is. I hear it from time to time. My favorite spin on this one was from a piece of white trash former coworker of mine. (Actually the creature in question was an officer, but anyway....) She tried to convince me that her husband studied a secret form of ninjutsu while in japan and the school he studied with was sooooo deadly and dangerous that it was illegal to practice openly in the states. She also spouted the myth about having his hands registered as deadly weapons and asked why I was not carrying my card with my hand registration as well. I calmly told her that her husband was welcome at anytime to meet me and I would be more than willing to evaluate his deadly weapons. She told me I was rude and that was not the point of martial arts. Oh well, like I said, officer and white trash....

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

Complete bullshinto.
    Regards

So tell me guys, what possesses people, especially Karate types, to ferviantly believe this stuff?

For the Women:

+ = & a

I have registered several parts of my anatomy as Deadly Weapons, but not my hands.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

LOL!!!

For the Women:

+ = & a

I had to register the gas that came out of my buthole after yesterdays mexican dinner as a "deadly weapon"

You know, the FBI actually came to investigate, because it could have been a federal crime.

1.Use of weapons of mass destruction
    2.Terroristic threats.

Last time I will f@rt on the bus.

They believe it because one of the things they buy with their testing fee is about 500 lbs. of self important BS.

They are buying prestige. The instructor probably gives a kickback to the cops to have their guy "arrested on the spot for being so deadly".

Don't get it into your head that karateka only believe this, it has nothing to do with karate, its a idiot thing.

Idiots who take gung fu are just as wrong. Idiots are idiots no matter what "style" they label themselves with.
    Regards