Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should i not do this

should i not do this

dont know too much about anatomy, but what would be the dangers of kicking someone in the back of the neck while hes down?

with the neck being connected to the spine and all... i dont want to kill no one, i'm aint ready to go to jail!!

some insight on this could be useful before i go n kick someone in the neck...
    “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible and suddenly, you are doing the impossible”

St. Francis of Assisi

i'm sure it's fine. I mean, what could it do?
    Aaron Vyvial

"If you want to be good, you will be"

Moy Yat Kung Fu Academy

training video

Originally posted by Vyvial
    i'm sure it's fine. I mean, what could it do?
    nothing, except PARALYZE the freakin person!

don't even think about going for it unless you're in a real fight, b/c unless your attack is well-controlled, a little excessive force could crack a cervical vertebra or damage some nerves...

Have you ever paralyzed someone Shaolinarab? I've paralyzed many people with just my mind energy, you can't just do it by stomping on someone's spine.
    Aaron Vyvial

Moy Yat Kung Fu Academy

training video

no, i haven't, and don't intend to however, just as one can easily break someone's leg bones with a good trap/stop kick or by stomping on them, it is easy to expect that stomping on someone's neck, which is far more fragile, could lead to what i said above.

and that mind ability of yours....does that come from the wing tsun training?

p.s. actually, come to think of it, i have broken some neck bones...when i had to dissect them in gross anatomy last year in med school

Oh! Pulling the "I went to med school" card huh? It's like a broken record with you.... Like anatomy class qualifies you to comment on the fragility of someone's spine.

Actually Leung Ting's Wing Tsun was never completed and he didn't get the mind paralyzing form however our Ving Tsun has this form.

I mean, COME ON! J-himself, if you are asking this question seriously maybe martial arts are not for you. Remind me to not train with you.

So if I'm sparring with a classmate is it wrong to gouge out their eye with my thumb?
    Aaron Vyvial

Moy Yat Kung Fu Academy

training video

vyvial,

what do you mean by the broken record comment? i wasn't purporting to be a medical expert; i was just jokingly saying how i did have to crack (as opposed to cleanly dissect) a few bones in order to get to the nerves in the cadaver.

however, i was expressing my opinion of what would happen in such an injury.

and i didn't mean any offense by my question. i was sincerely asking if that training came from your ving tsun! that's cool that it does.

Why does it sound like the original poster has someone prisoner in his basement, some unsuspecting soul doomed to a crippling injury with the only hope, the only thin chance of a future life without a feeding tube, being the decisions and communicatin ability of random malcontents on a kung fu forum?

j-himself, you are an evil *******. Let the prisoner go.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

I think this is potentially the most surreal post ever on KFO. I just wanted to be a part of it.

Let us know how that neck stomping goes, won't you.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

for some reason i think he has his little brother tied up and he's seeking to exact revenge for whatever little prank was committed, and he's tabulating our votes for 24 hours to choose the little guy's fate.

right out of a movie: "Don't do it J!"

hey I am very sorry but I was being sarcastic about everything, I did not mean to upset you. Of course kicking someone in the neck when they are on the ground is dangerous, I figured that the question was tongue in cheek in vein of "I ALMOST kicked someone in the neck when they were on the ground.

Also, I don't think that Mind Paralyzing Form is real either, if it is, I don't know it.

And as someone who did attend anatomy class, you are qualified to answer a question like this.

I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut from now on
    Aaron Vyvial

Moy Yat Kung Fu Academy

training video

Oh that's a shame. The thread has gone all normal again.

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

The neckbone of a cow is very thick. Try stomping in an angle, but be prepared to repeat the stomping atleast a few min. Naturally, it's easier when your in a group doing this but if solo, be calm.

On humans however this bone is not as thick and you could stomp it without an angle. Easiest way is to lay the humans head on the sidewalk so there's space between throat and ground. If you can find a good steel bar it helps too and you don't have to waste energy on stomping. Just one good chop
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

This thread feels like the twilight zone. Use a crowbar.

But if it was a serious question... Dont kick necks. Blindness/paralysis/death. Dont bite throats or tear ears either. Your training partners wont like you.
    "In choosing your dwelling, know how to keep to the ground.
    In cultivating your mind, know how to dive in the hidden depths.
    In dealing with others, know how to be gentle and kind.
    In speaking, know how to keep your words.
    In governing, know how to maintain order.
    In transacting business, know how to be efficient.
    In making a move, know how to choose the right moment.
    If you do not strive with others, you will be free from blame."
    -Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching
    An eye for an eye leaves the world blind.

havent had time to reply till now, but this is turning into an interesting thread

"I mean, COME ON! J-himself, if you are asking this question seriously maybe martial arts are not for you. Remind me to not train with you."

so what are u saying.. is this technique even too deadly for kungfu?? i think we've reach a new ultimatum

i thought kung fu was more than pretty forms and chi blasts. correct me if i'm wrong...

well, if what ur saying is true-- a solid hit to the neck is prone to paralyze someone--i think i'll stay off that for now.

what exactly is the chance of paralyzing someone by kicking him in the neck though?
    i mean, some ppl say you can actually kill someone with a blow to the face. now the chance of this happening, is almost non existing. what about the neck?
    “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible and suddenly, you are doing the impossible”

St. Francis of Assisi