Originally posted by Void Boxing
To put it another way:

How many of you have transcended your drills and routines and discovered a place of creativity and understanding?
How many of you still practice with set drills to refine your skills?

I have certain tools i use, but no set way to use them and that is how i train. So avoiding drills and allowing real combat scenarios, full contact sparring to show me the way, not the drills - your skills are naturally refined in the real situation - truth is spontaneous, not practiced or cultivated. Therefore train in the spontaneous relationship and you will learn and create your tools in different ways.
No offense intended. But could you translate this into slightly more practical terms, minus the philosophical vagaries.

It's not that I have anything against philosophy. Quite the contrary. But I have no real idea what you mean when you say you've transcended drills, discovered a place of creativity and understanding, trained in a spontaneous relationship, etc.

So, without making reference to 'no mind' or 'being like water', how precisely did you do that? How, step by step, did you break a reliance on forms and drills?

I'm curious.

Thanks.

Stuart B.