Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Golden Snake?

Originally posted by Judge Pen
    Ng claims to teach 5 animal form, linear Ba Gua, various animal forms, Tiger/Crane, Golden Snake, and Wing Chun.
    WTF?

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Shane I emailed you.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

wow, for second there i felt like a fly on the wall at a knights of the round table discussion.

can we put this whole sd thing to bed now?

greaaaat, thanks. Have a beer.
    cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Originally posted by Serpent

WTF?

You've got me Serpent. It's from his website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

help you guys out a little bit on understanding the whole "what's in a name" thang.

Linear Baguazhang

K, there are more examples of teh concepts involved with so called "linear" baguazhang. It still has circle walking as does all Bagua, if that's what is throwing you off.

It's lines of attack are direct though and there are other aspects of linear baguazhang that as you can see from the chart, make it appear to be along the lines of bajiquan, xingyi, etc.

but just wanted to clear that up a bit,

you can find lots more about it if you do a google on "linear baguazhang"

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Concerning the linear bagua from Ng family site - if you read in their site history about Dr. Ng, it states that this style of linear bagua is unique to his family or some such.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall never break under the pressure!

Blog Entries
    Is the Southern United States really that far from China?

I just can't take this anymore.

If you are Chinese and know some form of MA can you just open your own Golden (insert animal) school and will people buy into it?

Prof. Kang Ge Wu's Bagua video shows a good example of linear Baguazhang in China(you can find it at plumpub.com)

If you are Chinese and know some form of MA can you just open your own Golden (insert animal) school and will people buy into it?
    You'd be surprised what we can get away with in this area, esp. if you're Chinese I could have my own kungfu cult in less than a month, and I'm a 23 year old white guy, lol

"Concerning the linear bagua from Ng family site - if you read in their site history about Dr. Ng, it states that this style of linear bagua is unique to his family or some such."

No it's not unique.
    Gao style has many "Post heaven" Linear drills and forms.
    It is one of the trademarks of the system.

The Ng family pics look BaiJi flavored.
    Most BaGua will look flavored though, depending on the branch and whom it passed through. To be Baiji flavored would only be a good thing IMHO>

how does one pronounce Ng anyway?
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

Ummm.
    Sometimes Wu, so I've heard.

Ng is pronounced ing(as in runing) or Wu(Mandarin). All my friends named Ng pronounce it the first way.

Talking

A vietnamese friend of mine just married a lady from HK and said that her last name "Ng" was pronounced Umm.

You are probably somewhat right as well Brad. Anything Chineseis so horrifically vague it boggle the mind

I believe it is pronounced Ing.
    This is just my observation, not a flame! Does anyone else think that the instructor in the Inside Kung Fu article looked like Billy Ray Cyrus from Flat Woods Ky ?