Thread: Bruce Lee sparring clip

Bruce Lee sparring clip

http://homepage.mac.com/stevefarrell...e_sparring.mpg

lee is the one doing the takedowns.
    opinions?

Thumbs up

that's cool. Before that, contact sparring was nowhere to be found in the western world's martial arts right?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Boxing? wrestling? etc.
    think about it.

He had fast kicks and footwork, but he was too much of a show-off.

before him the martial artists just looked down on western methods. After that most traditional MA took after him I guess.

I don't really care about Bruce Lee or his methods except I like his movies
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by chen zhen
    Boxing? wrestling? etc.
    think about it.

He had fast kicks and footwork, but he was too much of a show-off.
    he was a show- off only in the movies....i've ne ver seen any of his real fights so i don't know.... lol
    "Only one of us walks away......."

I mean that boxing & wrestling had sparring.

Dont know about him being a show off. He only made those noises for the movies, when he was in a serious fight he was apparently completely silent. and he refused to do those cart wheel kicks like in enter the dragon when O hara grabs his leg, because they are so ridiculous, they had to get other people to do those scenes. Although he was definitely an extrovert, but when you have that kind of talent, why the hell not? no point being really good at something and keeping it all to yourself.
    "If there is no grand plan; if there is no big picture; if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."

Comment: I think its pretty obvious that he DID NOT do those sounds in real life. It shouldnt be necessary to say.

HOOOOooooooOOOoooAAAAAaaa!!!!!

WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa /jump side kick into room/

I've never seen those clips... they could be john doe vs. Ricky lake for all I can make of the faces.. some ok stuff, doesn't really catch my eye right now though.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

i thought it was a whole hell of a lot better than the other one i seen.
    where's my beer?