Thread: Master Sun De Yao

Master Sun De Yao

List Members,

I would like to pubically thank Master Sun De Yao for an excellent seminar on Mei Hua Lu. He taught movements of the forms and applications in a patient and enthusiastic manner, ensuring that each of the participants understood the movement before moving on. As a result it was one of the most rewarding seminar experiences I have ever had, (though I was quite sore the next day).

As a practitioner of Northern Mantis which is a mixture of Qixing and Meihua, I had a number of questions for Sun De Yao. He answered them well and added a lot to my understanding of the relationship between HK mantis and Mei Hua and new insights into my own chosen art.

I would highly recommend either Master Sun or Master Wang's seminars if ever you have the opportunity to attend one!

Sincerely,

Steve Cottrell

Questions for Sun Deyao

Hi Steve,
    What were the questions you asked?

Can you tell us the answers too?

MantisifuFW,
    you may not remember me, I was Master Wang's male student who took the seminar with you and your students. It was fun to meet you all. I just thought I'd mention that Master Sun De Yao is emigrating to the States. You can probably find out the details from either Master Wang or Master Tony Yang.

Master Sun De Yao is currently staying at the Wutang Center for Martial Arts here in Akron, Ohio and as Olu stated will most likely emmigrate. His desire is to make available his taiji meihua tanglang quan to the public. He is from Qingdao, Shandong Province.

If you have any inquiries regarding his material and availability, he can be reached by contacting Tony Yang.

Tony Yang
    [email]wutangcenter@yahoo.com
    http://www.wutangcenter.com/

Sun De Yao a great guy and did a wonderful job at the seminar.

Grandson of shifu Hao Heng Lu, shifu Sun De Yao studied under his uncle, shifu Hao Zi Xien.
    Shifu Sun De Yao was elected as a committe member of Shandong Wu Shu Society and his name has been compiled into Boxing Masters Dictionary. Shifu Sun De Yao has achieved many awards in various matches and has been invited to many foreign countries, for example in October 2002 he visited Ohio, USA.
    Shifu Sun De Yao operates the "Hao Bin Mantis Boxing Martial Arts Center" in Qin Dao (PRC), where he teaches Tai Ji Mei Hua Tang Lang Quan and Mei Hua Tang Lang Quan.

Page Updated: 1st February 2003.
    If you have comments please contact me !! Fernando Blanco Dopazo .

You can also contact Sun De Yao through Wang Ren Gang.
    Wang Ren Gang
    http://www.dachengdao.com/
    Last edited by RAF; 10-13-2003 at 04:59 AM.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Sun De Yao in Argentina

Shifu Sun De Yao will be travelling to Argentina (South America) to offer a seminar over there soon.
    A friend of mine will be his host over there.

Best regards

That's a seminar that will well be worth attending.

The difficulty, as of Sunday, was coordinating Master Sun De Yao's flight and visa but he definitely wants to travel to Argentina.

Buena Suerte with the seminar!
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Is Sun the one who has vcds on www.cmaod.org? becuase if he is he is amazing. I highly recommend those vcds.
    I, Chang Tzu dreamed i was a butterfly. Now that I wake I do not know if I am a man who dreamed of a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming I am a man.

Reply to Ronin

Hi, Despite the similarity in names, Sun De is not the same person as Sun De Yao and their styles are slightly different (the former is Taiji Tanglang, the latter is Hao style Taiji Meihua Tanglang Quan.) If you enjoyed Sun De's VCD's, Sun De Yao will blow your mind. You can view some clips of him on my website:
    www.dcdkungfu.com
    Sun De Yao has never released a VCD, but I believe some unscrupulous seminar participant once took some footage that he's peddling on the black market. For this reason I was able to talk Sun into making his own videos. I'll make an announcement when they are released to the public...now only his and my students have access, but they need to be edited.