Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Because I like the Shaolin Do guys

Well, heck MY system has EIGHT Special Feathers...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

why you shuai chaio guys always have to be putting down perfectly legit martial arts styles? inferiority complex maybe? always running around bragging about how much throwing you do, pshaw maybe you should come check out shaolin-do to see the non-wushu version of your precious art.

Oh! Hi crazymaddrunk. How ya been kkm?
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Originally posted by Golden Snake
    why you shuai chaio guys always have to be putting down perfectly legit martial arts styles? inferiority complex maybe? always running around bragging about how much throwing you do, pshaw maybe you should come check out shaolin-do to see the non-wushu version of your precious art.
    If this is what you consider a perfectly legitimate martial arts style, then I can see why you're in Shaolin-Do. Most of us consider legitimacy a function not only a function of an art's effectiveness (ultimately provable only in a real fight) but also on an art's foundations (ie lineage, history, and roots). Given this definition, this "Red Warrior" style has no legitimacy, because Adrian Roman clearly made up this art to gratify his own ego. Many here will see a parallel between "Chief" Roman and your own "Master", excuse me, "Grand Master" Sin The. Judging from the intelligence level shown in your posts so far, I'm guessing the parallels will pass you by.

By the way, you're a pitiful example of a troll. If you're going to troll, you should at least be interesting. Keep working on it.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
    In practice, there is.

Shame on you kenso. No feather for you.

I saw this guy on cable once. He did a bare hand break through like 4 feet of ice. If he learned from parker, his kempo is probably pretty good.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Golden Snake DOES remind me of Crazy Mad Drunk now that it's brought up. Probably one in the same.

None the less, though I myself belong to shaolin do, I do not condone his opinions, much less take them as my own.

Though in ALL likely-hood, he's just another troll.
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

Did anyone say anything negative about kempo? As far as I can tell, what was being mocked was changing the name from "kempo" to "red warrior" and selling blackbelts on the internet. Which should be mocked.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

The transfer of knowledge is easily done in 365 day or less by concentrating on the material rather than being your physical drill instructor
    Don't know if he can really do it, but I like the idea.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    Did anyone say anything negative about kempo? As far as I can tell, what was being mocked was changing the name from "kempo" to "red warrior" and selling blackbelts on the internet. Which should be mocked.
    not even the part about selling blackbelts, but the fact that he says b/c of his native american culture his system is based on an honor code, and u get the 'beautiful' black belt decree from day one upon opening your course material. you are FREE to send in a video for evaluation, but it is perfectly legitimate for you to progress based on YOUR (emphasis added by the kempo guy!) opinion only, and no other professional's opinion!

i also love how his whole premise is partly based on saving you money but the moment u want to progress passed black (6-9 months?) the fees already jump to over the 1000 dollar mark

There's nothing wrong with changing the name of his system to whatever he wants. It's his system, and if he's doing something other than following parkers exact curriculem, then he should name his system uniquely. At the very least, He should have his own name for his school.

As for the selling Black belts thing, I'm against that, but I have seen them for sale at sportmart for $6.95 too.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 11-07-2003 at 07:58 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

The only arts where a black belt really means something is Judo and BJJ. Rank in most arts has nothing to do with combative ability.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

That's why I don't even belive in rank anymore.

For the Women:

+ = & a

If you stood a little closer to me after a workout, you'd believe in rank alright!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by Tak

How can you tell his daughter is hot?
    Because she has a vagina dum-dum