Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Training BLOG

Made it to workout last night, *WHEW* that's a relief!
    Had a decent round on the focus mitts, did some shadow, and even accomplished one of my goals of 1000 front kicks.

The next few months will consist of similar small goals until I build up my confidence to the level that I can order a pizza without calling the delivery guy "sir".
    I Love It When They Call Me Pork Chop-pa

suplex the pizza guy...... get it out of your system....

lastnight i went to sleep..... it was much needed...
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

http://www.pizzamarketplace.com/news_story.htm?i=17528
    Maybe I better order some chinese instead....

Trained on my own saturday - shadow boxing, bwe and drills. Getting ready to hit the gym now for more of the same, and also some chest, tri and shoulder work.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Maybe I better order some chinese instead....

I know quite a few pizza men, and they're not to be trifled with. Maybe it's the fact that the place they work is particularly rough (it's open 24 hours and they get a lot of drunks really late), but I met a Pizza Hut driver once who was special forces in 'Nam and had killed a guy trying to rob him at gunpoint. The punchline here is that when I met him, it was just a few hours after the event, and he had gone on to finish his shift after the detective was done with him.

The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Monday-

Worked o uchi gari and ko uchi gari. worked them in combinations. Showed a student harai goshi and had him doing uchi komis with it. I also drilled the hiza guruma to harai goshi combo.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Monday -

About an hour and a half of various sensitivity drills with straight blast, then 30 minutes of off and on sparring.

strike!

Worked on push hands with a newbie and then shrfu... got tossed in the latter matchup, but really worked on getting inside after contact with a taller person.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

lunchtime in the gym - back, lats and tris

judo - drills on top of drills. Alot of conditioning. We're getting serious since the nationals will be here in no time. moving ushi komis with harai goshi, koshi guruma, ippon seionage and o goshi.

beginning bjj - conditioning followed by drilling elbow escapes. I didn't stick around for int/advanced bjj because the MT class is upstairs on tues and thurs.

MT - thai boxing wore my punk azz out tonight. normal warm ups followed by partner drills for like 30 mins - you teep, he blocks, evades, scoops, etc. then counters. you roundhouse, he blocks, then depending on distance either knees or teeps. we ended with 30 mins of round robin sparring, followed by ab work and calesthenics.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

ttt

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

lunchtime - i ate lunch

capitalism - went ot the mall, checked out the hotties and bought a magazine
    Volcano has removed himself from this realm
    Account is hijacked, email is fake, password is unrememberable
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

If you would TALK to the hotties, maybe you could take THEM home instead of a magazine...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

lazy day:

All I did today was class.

went over two gi chokes from knee on stomach.
    did pass the gaurd drill for about 45 minutes, sparred for about 45.

went home, ate ice cream
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

been working out pretty regular
    still ain't back on the diet
    got some new training toys
    twins stuff is my favorite right now
    having lots of stress over some silly stuff
    may get a new nick hehe

just resumed class based training of Taiji after a year of solo training. It's weird - stuff changes or evolves for them and for me. There are parts of the form that I have subtly changed without realising - have a lot of stuff to cover with my instructor - some of the changes I've made are correct and normal progressions. Other stuff is just me wreaking havoc with the form

Pushing hands was strange - I've been pushing and sparring with WC and MT peeps for the past year, no Taiji. I thought I'd be a long way off the mark but I have managed to keep my softness - got uprooted a few times through simple traps that I should have recognised though

Was nice going back but at the same time I found it strange having people correct me - I'm using to videoing myself doing the form once a month and watching for faults/deviations. Guess I can do both now.

Good training to you all
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it