Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Taekwondo and Southern Styled Kungfu

Wow! Ego, I didn't realize the extent of your ignorance regarding Hung Gar! First, sweeping isn't a TKD thing that Hung Gar would try, sweeping is a traditional Hung Gar technique. And to say that Hung Gar stylists stand on one leg with their arms outstretched...my god man, did you learn everything you know about Hung Gar just from seeing a photo of the double hand block & kick? That's what that technique is you know...well, actually, I guess you didn't know. That's like someone seeing a pic of a TKD guy doing a high side kick & thinking that they stand like that with their leg extended waiting for someone to attack! ROFLMAO! So, you have hereby established that you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Hung Gar. Thank You! Next thread please.

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    Ging Mo Fighter:

Drake:

Tkd does this in style to which southern kung fu has no defence against.

Errr... I was joking...

Drake~
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

anton:

Only you would be stupid enough to try. As a friend, don't believe everything that a northern kung fu master tells you when he knows you're a southern kung fu student - hence stupid.

cerebus:

I just picked out some stupid stance from Karate Kid and I can't believe that Hung Gar actually holds one leg in the air with arms out stretched.

Do you know that Hung Gar originated from Red Boats which are little more than travelling caravans hosting their freak shows at unsuspecting towns.

It's impossible for Hung Gar to do sweep kicks because their stance is so darn low and rooted to the ground. They can hardly move.

You know, Ego... this whole "My kung fu is better than your kung fu" bit is getting kinda old. In fact... it's been old for quite some time now.

Drake~
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Maybe I can get some advice from you. Perhaps if I combine meridians 1, 3, 4 and 16 at 3:36 Eastern Standard time after living on a strict diet of sencha tea and mung beans for a month I will gain 10 health points and 50 IQ points, raising my intelligence from that of a poor red-boat-travelling Southern farmer to that of a l33t imperial Northern practitioner, so I too can pull off helicopter kicks in a fight. Or by doing the combination you mentioned I can gain "unlimited health". Then I can do combo 336 to get unlimited magic points and upgrade my status to "Gandalf the Trollrooter" - 6th level qi-wizard.
    The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

Talking LOL

Ego has met his match...

Anton,

Well said and I have no problems agreeing with you. But at this stage you're still "a poor red-boat-travelling Southern farmer".

I would add that for a person like you, you should not aspire to such heights as it would end in disappointment. Accept your place in life as a lowly red boat farmer or freak show curiosity like the Hung Gar ancestors that handed you their style.

Mika,

I have yet to meet my match.

Originally posted by nofx
    http://www.geocities.com/goktimus/
    'nuff said
    The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

People from Southern Kung Fu have a habit of hiding behind the goktimus banner when they are in trouble as their argument fails. It's like you think that your goktimus would protect you.

Anton:

I think you'll prove less of a challenge in real life. You have let your words entrap you as would your techniques against northern kung fu. This is so typical of Southern Kung Fu, the more they struggle the more they get entangled. Stupid red boat farmers, please don't aspire to more than being a crop harvester.

People from Southern Kung Fu have a habit of hiding behind the goktimus banner when they are in trouble as their argument fails. It's like you think that your goktimus would protect you.

Anton:

I think you'll prove less of a challenge in real life. You have let your words entrap you as would your techniques against northern kung fu. This is so typical of Southern Kung Fu, the more they struggle the more they get entangled. Stupid red boat farmers, please don't aspire to more than being a crop harvester.

Ego if the southern Chinese were poor farmers why is it that they were able to resist against the Mongol invasion circa 1230–1279 of longer than their Northern countrymen did and also during the Qing Dynasty the rebellion of three feudatories 1673–1681, the Tai Ping rebellion 1851–1864 so judging by your poor southern farmer theory not a bad result.
    "Ira furor brevis est !"
    ====================;;;;<>
    I didn't want fries with that or even soda doesn't any one in this dam country ever listen.

And Ego questions our taste
    www.geocities.com/goktimus/cissi.html
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Oh look, a feeble northern stylist descended from scrawny academics, off balance on one leg and flayling his arms around pointlessly
    www.geocities.com/goktimus/Martial.html
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

alecM

The dumb farmers don't know that they were beaten so they struggled for 10 years, fighting to the last man rather than resigning from a military post and doing some thing else like a lot of soldiers did. Once the political system had collapse, why bother fighting and losing one's life. Soldiers are professional fighters which means they could chage professions if times are tough.

BenGash:

I know you take comfort from goktimus web site, but secretly you probably try to become like him