Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does qigong dilate your pupils?

Does qigong dilate your pupils?

Next time you finish standing qigong go look in the mirror and tell me if your pupils are bigger.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Yes my pupil's are bigger, that is because they in a yin way absorbing energy. Thus as when things are dark your pupils will die elate.(Grow bigger) So even if you are outside and it is sunny and you are drawing in energy your pupils will dial ate. But when you send out yang energy, the eyes become more narrow and focused

Never checked that before, but yep, happens to me too. Weird.
    "Once you get deeper into the study of Kung Fu you will realise that lineage and insulting others become more important than actual skill and fighting ability." -- Tai'ji Monkey

"Eh, IMO if you're bittching about what other people are doing instead of having intelligent (or stupid) conversation about kung fu or what your favorite beer is, you're spending too much time exploring your feminine side." -- Meat Shake

Yes, it only happens to people who are [happy].

[Edit: Don't be mean.]
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 12-13-2003 at 07:26 PM.

What're you thinking Iron? No offence Roll Back, but I doubt that's the explanation he's looking for. Interested to hear your thoughts IF ...

I was just curious cuz when I look at myself in a mirror after doing standing qigong my pupiles are always huge.

Interesting answer roll back. That is some real information , best answer yet.

Originally posted by froggy
    Yes, it only happens to people who are gay.
    Everybody's a ****in' comedian these days.
    "Once you get deeper into the study of Kung Fu you will realise that lineage and insulting others become more important than actual skill and fighting ability." -- Tai'ji Monkey

"Eh, IMO if you're bittching about what other people are doing instead of having intelligent (or stupid) conversation about kung fu or what your favorite beer is, you're spending too much time exploring your feminine side." -- Meat Shake

How much energy can your eyes absorb? Energy in what form? Light - if so how is it turned into chemical energy that your body can use? I would think the amount of light that is absorbed through the eyes would be miniscule, regardless of how dilated they are.

The whole body is one unit and it integrates the aspects of all energy from the outside to the inside and vice versa. When high level Yogis and true qigong masters breathe in , all the pours of the body expand and breathe in the universal life energy so they need little oxygen from air. When you breathe out, the pours would contract and the dantian and chakras would expand becuase when something goes up , something will also go down. Same for left and right. ( like a balance scale ,) I have personally learned a method which has such training using the pours and chakras and I've seen it in other methods as well because all methods have similar principles.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't dying or something.

dilated pupils

Having had a very wasted youth, wherein my pupils stayed dilated for extended periods of time, I tend to hold with the idea that my pupils are dilated after some standing qigong sessions because my internal chemistry has changed temporarily (whether it's blood pressure, relaxation, or something else).

I can feel effects similar to certain stimulants sometimes (tingly scalp, fuzzy peripheral vision, sensitive hearing, sensitive smell). Not that I go looking for it, though. Qigong is not about getting high.

Anyway, my tuppence worth.

I hear ya jgradisher

Re: dilated pupils

Originally posted by jgradisher
    Having had a very wasted youth, wherein my pupils stayed dilated for extended periods of time ...
    Lol!! I can relate to that!

Originally posted by backbreaker
    When high level Yogis and true qigong masters breathe in , all the pours of the body expand and breathe in the universal life energy so they need little oxygen from air.