Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Karate TEKKI forms and Mixed Martiat arts

Thank you Cheese Dog,

I thought I was having a Twilight Zone moment. Seeing these things and then being the only one to see it. I thought it serious enough to risk ridicule by posting up my observations for validation.

Thank You Again,

mickey

Mickey, you're welcome.

When I tested for my black belt in Ryukyu Kempo, I had to find as many groudfighting applications as I could in kata Wansu. Since then finding them has become second nature. Just because something looks like the same old --Prepare for low block, turn left into front stance, execute low block--doesn't mean that's all it CAN be. When you look you can see weapons defenses, throws, takedown defenses, etc.

Have fun looking!
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

mickey, what's your background?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Hello rogue,

I enjoy the study of the Chinese martial arts -- of that I will say no more. I do enjoy the study of the biomechanics of movement and their applications in combat.

mickey